By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor of cancelled Metroid 3ds

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-unseen64-has-news-about-a-canned-metroid-3ds-project/

Rumor: Unseen64 has news about a canned Metroid 3DS project

Posted under General Nintendo, Rumors
December 10, 2014 by Brian (@NE_Brian)

Unseen64’s Liam Robertson is teasing a cancelled Metroid project that was apparently in the works for the 3DS. For those unaware, Unseen64 often publishes articles about canned games and other noteworthy gaming secrets.

Robertson teased on Twitter today:

It also seems that we can look forward to some news about a cancelled Wii game from High Voltage Software that was tied into a popular TV show:

Source

Around the Network

Neh, if they cancelled the 3ds version to say, work for the wiiU version then I will be happy cause I need my HD ZSS jiggle physics without the "daddy issues" of Other M

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Neh, if they cancelled the 3ds version to say, work for the wiiU version then I will be happy cause I need my HD ZSS jiggle physics without the "daddy issues" of Other M

There's no way a handheld Metroid would have any effect on a console one.

spemanig said:

There's no way a handheld Metroid would have any effect on a console one.

Well... Can't the developers that were making the handheld version just help develop the console version now?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nintendo was like ''I doubt the fans want another Metroid, lets make captain toad!''

also is this the rumored game that was being worked on by Next Level games?

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Damn it.. I wanted Metroid 3DS to happen..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Well... Can't the developers that were making the handheld version just help develop the console version now?

They'd be two completely different types of games. They'd need to change the entire staff.

spemanig said:

They'd be two completely different types of games. They'd need to change the entire staff.

Well, if the handheld version is cancelled, I dont see why they can't just fill the developers in as to what they can help with and what needs to be done loll... I don't think its that complicated and I doubt the developers of the handheld version are incapable of helping with the console version.

Who is this guy? Does he have any credibility?

PwerlvlAmy said:
Nintendo was like ''I doubt the fans want another Metroid, lets make captain toad!''

also is this the rumored game that was being worked on by Next Level games?

Nintendo always knew how to read the audience. Captain Toad is awesome though.