By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor of cancelled Metroid 3ds

I think if Nintendo cancelled the game, it probably wasn't working on a fundamental level.

They know people are crying out for a new Metroid, and on the 3DS to boot. Either they put it on hold because another project needed the resources, or it wasn't looking good in the slightest.

Around the Network

For 3DS and not WiiU ? I doubt.

Rumor just confirmed as actually cancled for both 3Ds and WiiU(Thanks Turtuls for article):

www.forbes.com/sites/erickbain/2014/12/11/satoru-iwata-confirms-cancellation-of-Metroid-3ds-and-wiiu/

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:

Rumor just confirmed as actually cancled for both 3Ds and WiiU(Thanks Turtuls for article):

www.forbes.com/sites/erickbain/2014/12/11/satoru-iwata-confirms-cancellation-of-Metroid-3ds-and-wiiu/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

mii-gamer said:
Who is this guy? Does he have any credibility?

That's what I wanna know as well

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
mii-gamer said:

unseen64? they have great credibility.. that site is awesome with the stuff they find.. unseen64.net
We were supposed to have a dog companion in the Last of Us!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

do we want this?

Switch!!!

NiKKoM said:
DanneSandin said:
mii-gamer said:

unseen64? they have great credibility.. that site is awesome with the stuff they find.. unseen64.net
We were supposed to have a dog companion in the Last of Us!

Damn CoD for stealing that idea! ;) do they have leaks on a regular basis, or is it something that just pops up now and then?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Nicklesbe said:

Thanks, added to OP!

Edit: Damn...

DanneSandin said:

Damn CoD for stealing that idea! ;) do they have leaks on a regular basis, or is it something that just pops up now and then?

Wouldn't call it leaks.. more like really good information gathering.. but they do their homework before publishing it on their site.. there is some amazing stuff like this Toad on a mech for Super Mario Strikers 2 (they even have the logo) before it was renamend to Super Mario Strikers Charged..
I really like that site for gathering stuff on games and to see how they changed during developement..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)