By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor of cancelled Metroid 3ds

VanceIX said:
I hope they have another 3DS Metroid lined up

Yeah.. A 2D Metroid game for 3DS would be pretty awesome!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

im personally not much of a fan, but it could only help nintendo, they still need a price cut on the wiiu also, with all this money they are making it makes little sense not to, they are not losing money.

AZWification said:
VanceIX said:
I hope they have another 3DS Metroid lined up

Yeah.. A 2D Metroid game for 3DS would be pretty awesome!

Would be great, I for one am hoping for a Fusion sequel, but any 2D Metroid will do!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

This is old news.

We knew since June that they considered a Metroid game for the 3DS. Even early art concepts were shown, but the project never passed that stage - there´s not even a prototype - and Next Level was instead put in Luigi´s Mansion 2 (Dark Moon) development:

http://www.destructoid.com/next-level-games-was-working-on-a-metroid-title-280783.phtml

It doesn´t mean, however, that Nintendo may not have started a new Metroid project with other developer, either for 3ds or WiiU, or even both. Remember that when we knew that Platinum was producing Bayonetta2 for the WiiU, they were working with the game for at least one year in advance.

VanceIX said:

Would be great, I for one am hoping for a Fusion sequel, but any 2D Metroid will do!

Exactly... It has been 12 years since the last 2D Metroid game if we don't include Zero Mission! :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Better question ...

Was Metroid 3DS ever confirmed to be in development by Nintendo ?

Samus Aran said:
super_etecoon said:
Samus Aran said:
bouzane said:
@Samus Aran

I guess we've got something in common. While I did enjoy Metroid II, III and Fusion I greatly prefer Prime. I stand by my point that dismissing a game based upon length is foolish though, especially considering the fact that many of the greatest games from the third and fourth console generations only offered an hour of content of less.

Thanks, I'm going to buy Fusion next year and give it a new shot. I heard it's more linear than Super Metroid. I like non-linearity in a 3D game, but in a 2D game it greatly confuses me for some reason. 

hmmm...can you confess how far you've gotten in Super Metroid?  I'm not trying to attack you, but I like to know the facts of things. You claim that Super Metroid doesn't hold up well compared to modern games.  In my opinion, modern side-scroll throwbacks still don't hold a candle to what Super Metroid accomplished, both in gameplay and in scope.  Your admission that you get confused my non-linearity in 2D gaming gives me the impression that you haven't had the patience (or desire) to figure out the maze that is Super.  I can relate, as I often have a difficult time mustering the patience to achieve the skill required to play games like Kid Icarus which I never owned when I was a kid and didn't really get to sit down with until the Wii era. 

I gave up after a couple of hours. Not sure where exactly I got, probably not too far lol. 

The game took me over 16 hours my first play through to get to the end.  That was definitely not 100%, either.  Within a few hours it's possible you had barely acquired the morph ball, bombs, a few missile expansions, and an energy tank.  Most likely you hadn't even gotten your super missiles.  Trust me...you had yet to experience much of what makes this game considered even to this day one of the finest games of all time.  In the outset it can seem very daunting as your jump ability is minimal, your weapon is a pea shooter, and your bearings within the game are almost non-existent.  

A particularly dreadful moment is the long shaft you have to climb after you get your morph ball and first missile pack.  The drudgery and monotony of climbing a seemingly never ending series of platforms can make you want to throw your controller across the room and never play the game again.  But that is the game's greatest strength as well.  As you acquire more abilities you begin to achieve an almost god like status and the retraversal you have to go through is far less a chore and more an expression of your might.  Few games allow you to feel this transformation.

If you ever decide to delve again...feel free to ask for the occasional hint.  Sometimes you just need to be nudged in the right direction to get back on track.  If you never play the game again, I also understand that.  But considering your avatar amd your love of one of the greatest heroines ever created, you should at least give her one more try...just so you can definitively declare the game a subpar effort in the series.

See you next mission.

super_etecoon said:
Samus Aran said:
super_etecoon said:
Samus Aran said:
bouzane said:
@Samus Aran

I guess we've got something in common. While I did enjoy Metroid II, III and Fusion I greatly prefer Prime. I stand by my point that dismissing a game based upon length is foolish though, especially considering the fact that many of the greatest games from the third and fourth console generations only offered an hour of content of less.

Thanks, I'm going to buy Fusion next year and give it a new shot. I heard it's more linear than Super Metroid. I like non-linearity in a 3D game, but in a 2D game it greatly confuses me for some reason. 

hmmm...can you confess how far you've gotten in Super Metroid?  I'm not trying to attack you, but I like to know the facts of things. You claim that Super Metroid doesn't hold up well compared to modern games.  In my opinion, modern side-scroll throwbacks still don't hold a candle to what Super Metroid accomplished, both in gameplay and in scope.  Your admission that you get confused my non-linearity in 2D gaming gives me the impression that you haven't had the patience (or desire) to figure out the maze that is Super.  I can relate, as I often have a difficult time mustering the patience to achieve the skill required to play games like Kid Icarus which I never owned when I was a kid and didn't really get to sit down with until the Wii era. 

I gave up after a couple of hours. Not sure where exactly I got, probably not too far lol. 

The game took me over 16 hours my first play through to get to the end.  That was definitely not 100%, either.  Within a few hours it's possible you had barely acquired the morph ball, bombs, a few missile expansions, and an energy tank.  Most likely you hadn't even gotten your super missiles.  Trust me...you had yet to experience much of what makes this game considered even to this day one of the finest games of all time.  In the outset it can seem very daunting as your jump ability is minimal, your weapon is a pea shooter, and your bearings within the game are almost non-existent.  

A particularly dreadful moment is the long shaft you have to climb after you get your morph ball and first missile pack.  The drudgery and monotony of climbing a seemingly never ending series of platforms can make you want to throw your controller across the room and never play the game again.  But that is the game's greatest strength as well.  As you acquire more abilities you begin to achieve an almost god like status and the retraversal you have to go through is far less a chore and more an expression of your might.  Few games allow you to feel this transformation.

If you ever decide to delve again...feel free to ask for the occasional hint.  Sometimes you just need to be nudged in the right direction to get back on track.  If you never play the game again, I also understand that.  But considering your avatar amd your love of one of the greatest heroines ever created, you should at least give her one more try...just so you can definitively declare the game a subpar effort in the series.

See you next mission.

Don't misunderstand me, I totally accept that this game was a masterpiece for its time. I sadly didn't have an SNES and never got to experience it when the game was still modern. For me immersion plays a big role in Metroid and it's just hard to be immersed with such graphics. That's obviously not the fault of the game, but is entirely on me. I would definitely buy a remake of it if they ever announced one.