By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is the Japanese equivalent of EA? Square Enix, or Capcom?

Who is the Japanese equivalent of EA?

Square Enix. 113 51.83%

Capcom. 105 48.17%

Total:218

They're both hated. But I wonder who's hated more...

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

Square, Capcom are somewhat reedeam themselves slowly with megaman and sf5

Well Square once had a partnership with EA.
Seriously though Capcom are more like EA in the milk it dry department so I will go with them.
Namco Bandai are the Activision btw.

Capcom cause they did with SFV and Sony what EA essentially did with TitanFall and MS. (Its not an exact match but u know what I mean)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Capcom

DLC fest
Franchises in the trash(Megaman,dino crisis,etc...)
Casualized core franchises like Resident evil and devil may cry in order to appeal to the 12yo american COD player.

Around the Network

It's really a hard one since I am not following EVERYTHING each company is doing.
Capcom did have that BoFVI thing, and putting lots of games on the mobile device. I don't know much about it, but apparently Capcom is also very bad with DLC...
Square Enix has the whole Final Fantasy spin-off palooza, among the whole making teaser sites for new games only for them to be completely underwhelming or mobile games (or both). Then they make big announcements about some of the smallest things they could do.

So based off of what I know, I pick Square Enix.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Capcom cause they did with SFV and Sony what EA essentially did with TitanFall and MS. (Its not an exact match but u know what I mean)

Isn't Square doing the same with Tomb Raider?

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

by what metric are we comparing them to EA? In shittiness? Well, shit, after that stunt SE pulled with FFVII, knowing that's NOT what we wanted (also making multiple sequels to FFXIII, the least well received FF in recent memory. Also something we didn't want) takes the cake.

But Capcom is also the progenitor of on disc DLC, the worst infraction against consumers in a very long time. Possibly the worst, period.

It's a toss up.

In terms of financials or how big the company is (since EA is the biggest gaming company), I'd say SE

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

And Dead Rising

But Square and TR

OT: Sega is EA

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Capcom.