By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is the Japanese equivalent of EA? Square Enix, or Capcom?

Who is the Japanese equivalent of EA?

Square Enix. 113 51.83%

Capcom. 105 48.17%

Total:218
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

They're both hated. But I wonder who's hated more...

I don't hate Square Enix, Capcom or any other publisher for that matter. I think they did quite good in the last gen. This is just their outcome on the PS3 in the West and their new gen outcome looks to be even better (eg. FFXV > FFXIII, KH 3 > nothing, RE Revelations 2 > RE 6, etc). 

Capcom
Airtight Games: Dark Void
Capcom Production Studio 1: Devil May Cry 4 + Dragon's Dogma + Monster Hunter
Capcom Production Studio 2: Street Fighter
Capcom Production Studio 3: Mega Man
Capcom Production Studio 4: Resident Evil
Capcom Vancouver: Dead Rising
CyberConnect2: Asura’s Wrath
Dontnod Entertainment: Remember Me
Grin: Bionic Commando
HexaDrive: Okami HD
Ninja Theory: DMC: Devil May Cry
WayForward Technologies: DuckTales

Konami
Hudson Soft: Bomberman
Kojima Productions: Metal Gear Solid + Silent Hill
MercurySteam: Castlevania
PES Productions: Pro Evolution Soccer
Platinum Games: Metal Gear Rising

Namco Bandai
Artdink: Dragon Ball Z
From Software: Dark Souls
Level-5: Ni no Kuni
Namco Bandai: Tekken + Ridge Racer + Pac-Man
Namco Tales Studio: Tales
Ninja Theory: Enslaved
Project Soul: Soul Calibur
Tri-Crescendo: Eternal Sonata

Sega
Atlus Persona Team: Persona + Catherine
The Creative Assembly: Alien: Isolation
Crypton Future Media: Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA
Platinum Games: Bayonetta + Vanquish
Sega AM1: The House of the Dead
Sega AM2: Virtua Fighter + Crazy Taxi
Sega AM3: Virtua Tennis
Sega AM4: Daytona USA
Sega: Sonic + Valkyria Chronicles + Yakuza
Sega Racing Studio: Sega Rally
Sega Studios Australia: Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Sumo Digital: Sonic & All-Stars Racing
tri-Ace: Resonance of Fate

Square Enix
Airtight Games: Quantum Conundrum + Murdered: Souls Suspect
Avalanche Studios: Just Cause
Cavia: Nier
Crystal Dynamics: Tomb Raider
Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex + Thief
IO Interactive: Hitman
Obsidian Entertainment: Dungeon Siege 3
Square Enix: Final Fantasy + Kingdom Hearts HD
tri-Ace: Star Ocean
United Font Games: Sleeping Dogs

So many gamers use the word "hate" too often. Try saying "I prefer A" instead of "I hate B" once in a while.

Around the Network
XanderXT said:
Ruler said:
there is no equilant of EA, do you have to buy hadoken in street fighter? nope

Can you reword your sentence? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

micro transactions in every ea game from now on

Ruler said:
XanderXT said:
Ruler said:
there is no equilant of EA, do you have to buy hadoken in street fighter? nope

Can you reword your sentence? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

micro transactions in every ea game from now on

While I agree EA games having microtransactions is bad, it's not that extreme.

fluky-nintendy said:
EA is officially now one of my favorites. They gave 3 FREE games right out of the bat. I already forgot what they did wrong xD

Most people hate EA because it's the popular thing to do rather than what they've actually done for the gaming community.  Then for their reasoning they'll dredge up what EA has done over a decade ago, the yearly sports games despite every other company making yearly revisions of sports/fighters/etc, the very few games that were broken at launch, but fixed shortly after, with everyone conveniently forgetting the free games they've given during those times or all the good games they've released. 

While a lot of companies can do no wrong in peoples eyes, EA can do no right.  Doesn't matter what they do, everyone will hate on them because it's EA. 

MDMAlliance said:
outlawauron said:
Capcom easy. People only hate Square because of the long dev cycles.

Do you really believe that? I'm pretty sure that people hate on Square Enix for totally different reasons.

I'd love to hear a reason that isn't FF13.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Capcom cause they did with SFV and Sony what EA essentially did with TitanFall and MS. (Its not an exact match but u know what I mean)

OT: Sega is EA

That

outlawauron said:
MDMAlliance said:
outlawauron said:

Do you really believe that? I'm pretty sure that people hate on Square Enix for totally different reasons.

FF13-2. Lightning returns.

Just kidding of course, you're definitely right. I mean people be like fk Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex, FF13 as all SE is and that sucks.

outlawauron said:

They hate SE because they don't spoil their fans. If you don't want a sequel, don't buy it. Complaining that they didn't do WHAT YOU wanted, is just childish.

Same with Nintendo Directs. "It was awful, they didn't annouce their purchases of Capcom and Sonic! No new F-Zero! No new Gears! No new Pokemon for Wii U!". No crap... Lower your expectations.

kupomogli said:
fluky-nintendy said:
EA is officially now one of my favorites. They gave 3 FREE games right out of the bat. I already forgot what they did wrong xD

Most people hate EA because it's the popular thing to do rather than what they've actually done for the gaming community.  Then for their reasoning they'll dredge up what EA has done over a decade ago, the yearly sports games despite every other company making yearly revisions of sports/fighters/etc, the very few games that were broken at launch, but fixed shortly after, with everyone conveniently forgetting the free games they've given during those times or all the good games they've released. 

While a lot of companies can do no wrong in peoples eyes, EA can do no right.  Doesn't matter what they do, everyone will hate on them because it's EA. 

I agree.

There's always an underlying hatred going on with about most popular publishers (except for Nintendo maybe) and that hurts the industry as a whole. No wonder for the more casual audience, videogames fans are seen in a bad light, like a bunch of whiners.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
outlawauron said:
MDMAlliance said:
outlawauron said:

The easiest thing to point out is how they treat FF7.  Especially what just happened with the reveal of FF7 on PS4 as a port. 

This may be not as big of a deal as some of the others, but they also price their classic FF games more than other companies' games, but likely not a source of hate but can be a contributor. (edit: Check PSN PS1 titles and compare them to the prices of the FF games on PSN)

They also have made plenty of teaser sites for games that were pretty underwhelming and making a bunch of cash grab titles using the Final Fantasy brand, such as All The Bravest. 

There's also the fact that Square Enix also has many games that only have their limited edition copies available through their online store, which ends up more expensive than getting it through other means. 

None of these things are things that every consumer will get angry over or will make a big fuss about, but it still proves you wrong.