By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is the Japanese equivalent of EA? Square Enix, or Capcom?

Who is the Japanese equivalent of EA?

Square Enix. 113 51.83%

Capcom. 105 48.17%

Total:218

they both suck hard. but I think SE sucks the most. making sequels people didnt ask for. Taking forever to complete games, taking forever to localize games. this recent TR nonsense. Fortuanately they seem to be getting better. Capcom isnt getting better but i cant say they are getting worse either. THey were never as bad as SE IMHO

Around the Network

Capcom for their on disk DLC. They seem like the EA of Japan.

Capcom is probably more like EA than Square.

Three words: All the Bravest.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Capcom easy. People only hate Square because of the long dev cycles.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Square Enix/Activision, Capcom/EA. All 4 publishers suck pretty badly.

What about Ubisoft?

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Neither of them really fit the description of a secondary EA but if I had to pick it would be Capcom cause those guys have sneaky sales practices as equally as EA would.
I see SE more along the lines of a japanese Activion since aside from console manufacturers such as Sony or Nintendo, they out of all of the japanese game publishers have the most flagship franchises.
Capcom on the other hand is a lot like Ubisoft ...

I love Kresnik!

I guess Capcom because of its shady DLC practices, but its shady DRM practices make it more like Ubisoft.

Sega is more like Activision, if Activision tried its dead level best to make each Call of Duty sell worse than the last.

Square-Enix is just derp city.

They are not hated as much as EA. Capcom especially has been redeeming itself. SE is just... Square Enix... They make a lot of good games, but pull some questionable policies.

Square Enix. What they announced on PS Experience was just insulting. Besides, Capcom at least has an excuse why they want money.