By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is the Japanese equivalent of EA? Square Enix, or Capcom?

Who is the Japanese equivalent of EA?

Square Enix. 113 51.83%

Capcom. 105 48.17%

Total:218

Capcom of course! They seem to be doing a decent job with Resident Evil ( talking about Revelations 2 obviously) and Street Fighter, but they still remain a very sahdy publisher!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

EA is officially now one of my favorites. They gave 3 FREE games right out of the bat. I already forgot what they did wrong xD

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Square Enix partners with Activision to publish Call of Duty. An EA would never do such a thing.

So, I go with Capcom.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

both capcom and square are worse than EA.

for the love of god, square went on stage to announce a 17 year old port and acting like it was a big deal.

Square Enix. If Capcom were the japanese version of EA, they wouldn't have those finantial problems of the last couple of years.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Capcom easy. People only hate Square because of the long dev cycles.

Do you really believe that? I'm pretty sure that people hate on Square Enix for totally different reasons.

there is no equilant of EA, do you have to buy hadoken in street fighter? nope

Ruler said:
there is no equilant of EA, do you have to buy hadoken in street fighter? nope

Can you reword your sentence? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

None, o got zero free games from them this weekend. Bastards.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

The_Sony_Girl1 said:

They're both hated. But I wonder who's hated more...

Sega.

Out of the three, Sega has developed the best games, bought Atlus, who develops a lot of great games, and pisses off its fanbase in the west by keeping over half of them Japanese exclusive.  That's the Japanese developer I hate the most.

However, we're not talking about that are we?  According to the OP, it's, who would you consider an equivalent of EA so how about you answer a question for me?  What Japanese developer garners tons of hate from the fanbase for pretty much no reason whatsoever while releasing a library of great games?  You name me the company and that's my pick.