By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - favorite obscure/commercially unsuccessful game

Tagged games:

BraveNewWorld said:

Blinx: The Time Sweeper (Xbox)

Solid 3D platfomer with time control elements.

It's the only IP that would make me buy a Xbox again. I can't believe it was forgotten

Around the Network

Bomberman.

Jet Set Radio Future.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Custom Girl 3d. It was my veryyy first H-game and boy was it awesome!!! The music was great and catchy! It certainly got u in the mood for some romantic virtual sex and for the time, the graphics were pretty epic too! It was subtle and fap worthy and it had this neat little thing where if u didn't play the game for a given period amount of time, your girl would be sad and ask you why don't you come back more often! Its cute, lewd and will always have a special place in my heart!

CGE is so much better.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Hogs of War - PSX, PC
Soul Sacrifice - Vita
Tearaway - Vita
Freedom Wars - Vita
Killzone Mercenary - Vita

Sin & Punishment 2 and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories deserve a mentions as well.

Around the Network

I like quite a few obscure games. It's from that time when you got games as a present from people that didn't know the first thing about gaming so you'd get the most interesting things. I'm glad it happened though, and I have quite a few of them in my list in the 50 Greatest Games Thread.

My favorites are;

Kula World, PS1

A Puzzle game where you're a ball rolling around all the sides of blocks and platforms trying to collect keys and reaching the end of the levels.

Asterix, PS1

A simple turn-based strategy game in the veign of Total War or the Risk Board-game, with a few platforming or beat-em-up mini-games thrown in.

Dynamite Cop, DC

An action beat-em-up game where every object in the area is a weapon. Choose from three different characters for three different paths to the end.

Step-On-It!, Mac

By far the most obscure game in this post, this is a puzzle game released only on Mac where the player must create and remove blocks and avoid enemies and hazards to get a key and exit the level. It's basically a clone (but with original levels and such) from the Arcade/NES game Solomon's Key.

Anything under the Touhou Project...in the west.

Grand total of 0 copies legally sold.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Xenoblade Chronicles.... As of now, I have a feeling the New 3ds game could send it into commercial success.

1. Conker's Bad Fur Day

2. Michigan: Report from Hell

3. Harvester

Many games, thought at the top of my head: Baten Kaitos and DBZ The Legacy of Goku 2.