By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - favorite obscure/commercially unsuccessful game

Tagged games:

Kingdoms of Amalur; Reckoning.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:

I usually don't go for cutesy games but this is one extremely rare exception. It was really fun, too bad I didn't understand what they were saying because Nintendo couldn't translate 80 lines of japanese.

It was actually a sequel to a NES game called Milon's Secret Castle, also available for the Wii Virtual Console, but the NES game was nowhere as fun!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BraLoD said:
Player2 said:
Leadified said:

Sadly no I did not, but I did play it on one of my friend's GG.

Well, If you played it and reached Green Hill act 3 you should have a good idea of what you're getting into.

You have problems with the first boss of the game?

Green Hill is the 4th zone in Sonic 2.

blast corps N64

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

anybody a fan of lucasarts point-and-click adventure games? monkey island in particular?

you must try maniac mansion on the nes and commodore 64:

wonderfully weird text adventure, like a cross betwen monkey island and earthbound in its humor.

Around the Network

One of my Favorite games on the gamecvube Eternal Darkness...Just loved that game and just replayed it very recently.

mountaindewslave said:
DrasticDracon said:
Does Beyond Good and Evil count?

I wish they would finally build a series out of that damn game. The sequel's been in development hell for over a decade...

I feel Beyond Good and Evil has too much of a following to count, but I agree, I really dug the atmosphere and characters in that. it was quirky. but its well known relatively speaking

You're right, the fans make it not the most obscure in the bunch. Tho, BG&E is one of those games that could've spawned a great series, yet didn't make it. Lack of marketing and some uncaring executives probably caused it to fail commercially. And there's at least some obscurity in it; I remember the huge announcement and teaser for the new game 2 years ago and almost no word since.

kitler53 said:
uncharted 3's multiplayer.

Tons of people played and even still play the multilayer.  It had an incredibly vibrant online community.  So did uncharted 2 to a lesser extent. 

OT:

The whole F.E.A.R. series and metro series

bumpity bump with RHYTHM THIEF, the best rhythm game on the 3ds (apologies to the almost-as-excellent theatrhythms)...

I would have to say. "Eternal Darkness" and "Parasite Eve". Not even sure if those would qualify but they have been gone far too long.