By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - favorite obscure/commercially unsuccessful game

Tagged games:

I'm not sure how many of my games count as obscure, but I think Rock n' Roll Racing for the SNES might count. Used to love that game as a kid :)

http://youtu.be/auoTvdvN9uk

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Are GG's expensive?

I don't really think so, probably around $15-20?

Leadified said:
BraLoD said:

They shared a lot if I recall it right. The first game was the same as it got ported from the MS to the GG, but the others I don't know.

Ah okay! It looks like Sonic 2 on GG is pretty similar to the Master System version except with a lower resolution and a few graphic changes. I own the GG version but sadly the battery part of my GameGear is fried . I could get another one or buy the Master System version on the VC.

all the game gear sonics (in addition to the tails adventure spinoff) are on the 3ds virtual console btw.

BraLoD said:
Leadified said:

I don't really think so, probably around $15-20?

So if you have the games you should get one xD

Indeed, I'll probably be looking for one at the next Swap and Meet I go, or borrow my friend's in the meantime.

jetforcejiminy said:

have you played gunstar super heroes on the gba? it's a sort-of-sequel/reimagining... sold awfully, but brilliant stuff:

Never even heard of it. O_O Time to dust off my GBA:SP and hunt for this! Thanks!

Around the Network
arcaneguyver said:
jetforcejiminy said:

have you played gunstar super heroes on the gba? it's a sort-of-sequel/reimagining... sold awfully, but brilliant stuff:

Never even heard of it. O_O Time to dust off my GBA:SP and hunt for this! Thanks!

thankfully you can get it pretty cheap even new (coz it sold so terribly). i remember nintendo power wrote an article back in 2005 asking people to please buy it.

nevertheless: a real treasure, if you know what i mean.

Wright said:
outlawauron said:

Honorable mentions to Fragile,

Farewell Ruins of the Moon?

Yes indeed!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I just got Alice: Madness Returns Ultimate Edition from PSN, for a dirt cheap steal price of $2.99!  It became an instant favorite.  It is a little rough around the edges, though.  You get stopped by uneven floors, invisible walls over actual walls, so it slows you down when you're walking close.  The game does a good job at directing you where to go.  The combat is nice and varied, so you're not mashing square all day.  Platforming is great, too.  Missing platforms is something that almost never happens, and when it does, most of the time, it's your own fault.

You have a guard, and you have a dash.  Both of which are probably over-powered and I don't like that very much either.  But, outside of the few problems the game has, like the mini-games not complimenting the main game itself, the game is otherwise, a fantastic game that gets just about everything else right.

-Side note, ban please?  Two days?  Maybe?  Kinda got a test I should be prepping for and I'm not good at staying off here, it seems.  Thanks.

arcaneguyver said:

Dunno if all of these count (and super not in the mood to look up numbers), but these are all the games I remember over the years having to introduce / explain to friends.

Folklore, Sin & Punishment 2, A Boy and His Blob (Wii), Batman Brave and the Bold (Wii), Gunstar Heroes, Earthbound, Lufia 2, Suikoden 2, Devil Dice, Rocket Knight Adventures 1 & 2, Wild Arms 2

Edit: Oh yeah, Arc Rise Fantasia, one of the best jrpgs of last gen that nobody seems to have played. Endearingly bad voice acting, a plot that twists harder than anyone should expect, and a battle system reminiscent of FF10 but different enough to stand on its own.

I'm actually playing that one now and you know what after 10 or so hours of play time the horrible voice acting has actually grown on me.

Nuvendil said:
KLAMarine said:

LOVE THIS GAME. Honorable mention for the True Crime games and Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64.

Dude, I remember that game!  Freedom Fighters was awesome!

Also, Battle Clash with the superscope was awesome back in the day.  Surprised the franchise didn't get a reboot with the Wii.  The Wii U could be an oportunity to revive it as more a proper mech game with sophisticated controls; the Gamepad would be up to the task. 

Honorable mention to Glover, which wasn't too obscure, but didn't do gangbusters either.  And i really liked it. 

I bought Freedom Fighters about 6 or 7 months ago and haven't been bothered to play it (well I played it once). Will play after Xenoblade (or Pandora's Tower or Project Zero 2). Has anyone mentioned Infinite Space? I only went through the first two pages. It's one of my favourite games and there isn't much else like it, I'd love a sequel. Killer7 is great too, don't really know if it flopped or not though.