By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - favorite obscure/commercially unsuccessful game

Tagged games:

I'll never be able to play every game in existence. Somewhere out there are diamonds in the rough waiting to be played.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I could have picked this up at a blockbuster but each and every time, I neglected it... This was many years ago, I was young and dumb!

Around the Network

I don't know whether these class as unsuccessful as people know them. Devil Dice, Kurushi and Omega Boost. I'd love a new Omega Boost.

Hmm, pie.

Doctor Lautrec and The Forgotten Nights (3DS)

The game has a few design issues, but overall is a pleasing mix of puzzle, dungeon crawling and battle gameplay.
Interesting characters and fun story, lots of anine cutscenes, superb soundtrack and a great job of research about the city of Paris in the last century. I really appreciated this game and the effort Konami put on it.

If it had better dungeon design and more variety of puzzles, it would be an excellent game. Very few websites cared about reviewing it, and most of the scores were from average to low, which was a dissapointment in my opinion. It seemed to me that most reviewers barely played 5% of the game. As the story goes it gets more interesting, even with the repetitive puzzles and a few bad designed dungeons.

http://www.nintendo.com.au/catalogue/doctor-lautrec-and-the-forgotten-knights
http://www.konami-doctorlautrec.com/en/

Zenoclash on PC, it was disturbing and weird and had original concepts for combat in first person perspective and it showed the diversity the Source engine is potentially capable of. "Different" is a describing word. Recommended.

It's not necessarily my favorite one, but Viewtiful Joe is my choice.. It's the best beat 'em up ever and I highly doubt that will change anytime soon..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Does Beyond Good and Evil count?

I wish they would finally build a series out of that damn game. The sequel's been in development hell for over a decade...

all vita games

vivster said:
Baten Kaitos!

You beat me to it! I'm not sure if Beaten Kaitos was actually unsuccessful since it received a sequel, but I really wish more people had played it. Still one of my favorite GameCube titles.

Hmm

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Custom Girl 3d. It was my veryyy first H-game and boy was it awesome!!! The music was great and catchy! It certainly got u in the mood for some romantic virtual sex and for the time, the graphics were pretty epic too! It was subtle and fap worthy and it had this neat little thing where if u didn't play the game for a given period amount of time, your girl would be sad and ask you why don't you come back more often! Its cute, lewd and will always have a special place in my heart!

The moment you realize character customization was better in custom girl 3D than it is in the sims 4.

Their engine should go open source.

Oh and before I forget. Loved this one.

It was Worms 3D before there was Worms 3D. Definitely a precursor to Valkyria Chronicles.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.