By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ioi's preliminary Black Friday week estimates (W.E 29th Nov)

Interesting numbers so far. I wish the Wii U did better, buy hey it's better than last year at least.

Thanks @ioi for the numbers and the insight on how you get the numbers.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Was expecting more from Wii U :/

If its 200k in the US for last week, its not bad considering last year Nov had wiiu at 220k total

NintendoPie said:
mornelithe said:

The early estimates IoI gave were for WW.

The one in the OP is, but I'm not sure if he's talking purely about the US in his second post in here on the topic. (Where 300k possible Wii Us are mentioned.)

I think we need official word from ioi again XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
NintendoPie said:
mornelithe said:

The one in the OP is, but I'm not sure if he's talking purely about the US in his second post in here on the topic. (Where 300k possible Wii Us are mentioned.)

so, whos turn is it? who wants to sacrifice a memory card?

iTechHeads said:
DJEVOLVE said:
iTechHeads said:
Looks like XB1 won in the US by a big margin. Not totally surprised but disappointed. Sony needs to be a little more aggressive if they want to continue two expand their lead.

These are preliminaries so I'll save any further thoughts for later.

Sony is in the lead already and doesn't have the financial backing to just move a few more units for massive losses. This wouldn't make sense at all. The companies earnings from Playstation where all whipped out just by the cell phone department. So you want them to loss more money, so you can boast?

Sony needs to keep any profit they can at this point, not appeal to Vgchartz numbers.  They are already in the lead, what more do you want?

They don't need to take massive losses. I'm not asking for them to give away PS4s like Microsoft is doing.

What I'm saying is they need better bundles. Better retailer promotions. Like you said, they already have the lead, so all I am asking is for them to not lose it. Take advantage of it while you still can. If XB1 regains mindshare in the US it will be extremely hard to take it back.

You still need a big game to bundle with though, and that's what PS4 is missing this holiday. A big exclusive. Driveclub was suppose to big a launch game and was broken en LBP 3 isn't really a next gen title. if The Order hade launched on time they would have won Black Friday.

But PS4 is still doing incredibly well regardless.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
NintendoPie said:
mornelithe said:

not mine

but no one knows if the 300k is for us or ww

since ioi made it sound like 300k for US

(A lot of people were upset it did 200k but I bet you It did over 200k in US alone so it sound like US)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

AnthonyW86 said:

You still need a big game to bundle with though, and that's what PS4 is missing this holiday. A big exclusive. Driveclub was suppose to big a launch game and was broken en LBP 3 isn't really a next gen title. if The Order hade launched on time they would have won Black Friday.

I disagree, I think Sony's actually done this pretty well.  They positioned it so that big name AAA titles could be bundled with their hardware during this period, and reserved their own internal exclusives for what are normally dry months next year.  Sony's playing long ball and it'll be interesting to see how consumers reciprocate in 2015.

AnthonyW86 said:

General public doesn't care if a game is exclusive or not as long as its good.

Something I think would really help is if Sony releases the White PS4 as a standalone SKU or bundle it with something other than Destiny.

shogunknight said:
MoHasanie said:
hmm, yeah I could see that being possible. Impressive for both of them. Xbox really sells in the holidays.

With the help of severe price cuts, crazy deals and offerings yes XD. I wonder if they will actually revert to their old price come january

Yeah of course. X1 would have done much worse without the price cut. But Xbox has always had unofficial pricecuts and big deals during the holidays. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

generic-user-1 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

Shit.. I guess I will do it!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---