By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ioi's preliminary Black Friday week estimates (W.E 29th Nov)

iTechHeads said:
AnthonyW86 said:
You still need a big game to bundle with though, and that's what PS4 is missing this holiday. A big exclusive. Driveclub was suppose to big a launch game and was broken en LBP 3 isn't really a next gen title. if The Order hade launched on time they would have won Black Friday.

But PS4 is still doing incredibly well regardless.

General public doesn't care if a game is exclusive or not as long as its good.

Something I think would really help is if Sony releases the White PS4 as a standalone SKU or bundle it with something other than Destiny.

The white PS4 is available here as stand alone for regular price, it isn't where you're from? But more colors is alway's a good idea.

Around the Network

Not so hot 3DS numbers.
Wii U... no comments...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Not so hot 3DS numbers.
Wii U... no comments...

wii u might have sold over 400k...

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Pavolink said:
Not so hot 3DS numbers.
Wii U... no comments...

How do you know that?

Pavolink said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Pavolink said:
Not so hot 3DS numbers.
Wii U... no comments...

How do you know that?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=194312

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=194312

Ah, Still, 400k is too low.

AnthonyW86 said:
DélioPT said:
Even if they are just estimates, if the real numbers for Wii U are close to 300k, it's a real letdown given that this year Wii U had MK8, Smash and amiibo and last year, at 230k WW, it only had Mario 3D World.

It was completely snowed under by the bundle battle of XOne and and PS4 though this is even lower than i expected.

XOne numbers are also insane, triple what x360 did in 2006! 

It's true that XB1 deals were really something, but Wii U should have at least doubled last year's numbers when it had a better library.

I always expected Wii U to double last year's numbers for the holiday season. If they can't do that with a better line-up under it's weight, it will be really concerning Wii U's future.

DélioPT said:
AnthonyW86 said:
DélioPT said:
Even if they are just estimates, if the real numbers for Wii U are close to 300k, it's a real letdown given that this year Wii U had MK8, Smash and amiibo and last year, at 230k WW, it only had Mario 3D World.

It was completely snowed under by the bundle battle of XOne and and PS4 though this is even lower than i expected.

XOne numbers are also insane, triple what x360 did in 2006! 

It's true that XB1 deals were really something, but Wii U should have at least doubled last year's numbers when it had a better library.

I always expected Wii U to double last year's numbers for the holiday season. If they can't do that with a better line-up under it's weight, it will be really concerning Wii U's future.

ioi say sources are starting to look at 300k for NA and 400k all together ww

so yeah it doubled last year possibly with no price cut 

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

YOU FOOLS!
ioi was here!
what are you guys doing??!

bow down to him!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

ioi said:

Black Friday is notoriously hard to track as each retailer has different promotions and very different sales patterns to one another - until you have a full set of data you don't have the full picture. I would be surprised if Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo don't all make some kind of press statement about their Black Friday performances later today so I'd hold off for those before making any firm conclusions on who won or anything like that.

From the limited data we have, we're currently estimating for the USA:

XB1 ~ 725k
PS4 ~ 600k
3DS ~ 300k
WiiU ~ 200k

Indeed, I can't think of any other day harder to track except for maybe the week before Christmas.  I  don't think anyone will make a statement pre NPD because chances are they don't know what the other sold.  Nintendo doesn't care so you may get something from them.  

Just to clarify, are your current estimations for Black Friday only or the whole week?  This has to be a tough considering the deals that went on from Thursday thru Saturday.