By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ioi's preliminary Black Friday week estimates (W.E 29th Nov)

generic-user-1 said:
DJEVOLVE said

So essentially because he said so.

LOL

the tracking system in europe is broken, the adjustments are just to high to trust the normal numbers, so why should you trust the early estimates?

So Smash, just one game is your reason? Not data or results? just because you love that game and you think everyone else thinks the same as you?

Sorry but everyone has been doing this WiiU, Every new game is the new savior and it will sell bucket loads upon release. Nintendo has to do a lot of things before they win the consumer back. They are behind on almost everything MS and SONY are doing. This is the reason for the bad sales. People are having a hard time seeing value.

I own nintendo, I feel the same.

Around the Network
ioi said:
GTAexpert said:

I'd like to know whch retailers you base your estimates on and if it includes online retailers as well.

It would also be nice to know if past trends have any effect on your predictions and if so what are the past trends on which you base your PS4 and XB1 sales on (as there is nothing to compare it to directly since its their first true BF week).

- numbers and stuff -

Kinda off topic, but I really like this kind of posts. It's very interesting to know how the site works.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Ka-pi96 said:
generic-user-1 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

LOL

the tracking system in europe is broken, the adjustments are just to high to trust the normal numbers, so why should you trust the early estimates?

Because there is more chance that ioi will get it right than that you will maybe?

no there isnt as long he didnt changed his way of tracking in europe.  the wii u was undertracked in europe, and not just a bit or for a short periode (thats why they adjusted so heavy, heavy adjustments at small sales mean there is something wrong with the system)

DJEVOLVE said:
generic-user-1 said:
DJEVOLVE said

LOL

So Smash, just one game is your reason? Not data or results? just because you love that game and you think everyone else thinks the same as you?

Sorry but everyone has been doing this WiiU, Every new game is the new savior and it will sell bucket loads upon release. Nintendo has to do a lot of things before they win the consumer back. They are behind on almost everything MS and SONY are doing. This is the reason for the bad sales. People are having a hard time seeing value.

I own nintendo, I feel the same.

the wii u was undertracked every week in europe for months(or almost every week, they couldnt get to so high adjustments with just a handfull of undertracked weeks,the numbers were to low to get so massiv adjustments with normal tracking error and just some weeks, there was a problem in the tracking and or the math), so why should we trust the EU numbers?

As we are tired of reading, consoles are dying.

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:
As we are tired of reading, consoles are dying.

They seem more alive then they ever have, This idea they are dying is that of people like pachter. Yes people are playing more on tablets/Phones etc. but what happens when they want more out of the games? That's right, they buy a console.

Im confused
wii u did 300k in US or WW?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Im confused

The early estimates IoI gave were for WW.

mornelithe said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Im confused

sigh :(

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

mornelithe said:

The one in the OP is, but I'm not sure if he's talking purely about the US in his second post in here on the topic. (Where 300k possible Wii Us are mentioned.)