By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ioi's preliminary Black Friday week estimates (W.E 29th Nov)

NiKKoM said:

YOU FOOLS!
ioi was here!
what are you guys doing??!

bow down to him!

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
generic-user-1 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=194312

Ah, Still, 400k is too low.

For WiiU/Vita thats godlike numbers

Soundwave said:
DélioPT said:
Even if they are just estimates, if the real numbers for Wii U are close to 300k, it's a real letdown given that this year Wii U had MK8, Smash and amiibo and last year, at 230k WW, it only had Mario 3D World.

They had a price cut last year too.

To be honest though the assumption that throwing more Nintendo IP at the problem will get you more sales is probably kinda a shaky one to begin with. 

Nintendo IP mostly appeal to the same group of people, the guy who likes Mario probably likes Smash Brothers too, and vice versa. If you like Smash you obviously probably like Nintendo IP properties as that's the whole concept of the game. 

Even amiibos (toys based around Nintendo IP) ... is that something that's going to attract a completely new demographic or appeal to the existing Nintendo fan? Especially at $299.99, Wii U is not a token purchase for a young kid either, as a parent I can spend $300 on that + $13 on the toys, or I can just buy them some Disney Infinity figures they'll be just as happy with on their existing PS3/360 ... it's probably an easy choice. 

I like amiibo, I've bought every single one, lol, but I'm a Nintendo hardcore fan. I can understand why a parent would say "nope" to that proposition and steer their kids towards Disney Infinity or Skylanders though. 

We can't follow that line of thought that any game by Nintendo will always attract the same group. It's true but it doesn't tell the whole story.
Great game are always bound to speak to a bigger audience and sell HW.
Halo always sells to the MS crowd yet that doesn't keep other MS franchises to keep selling HW and attract fans of the competition.
That's what big games do.

It's true that for now Amiibo hasn't reached it's potential, so i may have asked for too much of them as of now.
With games where you actually need the figures to play, it's definitely a big competition that amiibo can't fight now.

@ OfficerRaichu15:
Thanks for the tip.
That scenario does look better for Wii U! :D

Who's ioi?

KLAMarine said:
Who's ioi?

He owns VGC :p

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Who's ioi?

He is the owner and master admin.  He is quite literally VGC.

...oh...

tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:
generic-user-1 said:

Even 200k for vita would be godlike numer

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:
generic-user-1 said:

100k would be too for Nov. I was surprised Vita was under 90k in Dec (US)last year.

tbone51 said:
small44 said:
tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:
generic-user-1 said:

100k would be too for Nov. I was surprised Vita was under 90k in Dec (US)last year.

I talk about worldwide sale,100k would be great number,between 100k and 200k impresive sale more then 200k godlike number

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m