By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Exec: Xbox One Sales Were Incredible During Black Friday, Possibly Takes A Shot At PS4

Ssenkahdavic said:
Only thing I take from this is that the Xbox Undershipped. Could you imagine if they didnt?

Yeah, you don't ever actually want to sell out!

Since they are selling at a temporarily lower price point, they might not want to go over the top on volume, not reaching your demand is a mistake

The other question is time of day, initial stocks and future shipment plans

But I do think it is certain they've had a good Black Friday. Good marketing, good games and a good price. Simple

Around the Network

I am SO humbled right now.You can't even imagine how humbled i am. Just WOW... it sold out in 1 STORE!!!!!!!
Ai hav biin hambuled!

Greenberg is a massive douche.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

celador said:
loy310 said:
Yeah, just 1 store...... Ok, that's it, I am convinced and humbled.
But on the real tho, if they out sell PS4 they have all the reason to make the world know.

And they will.  They will put out more PR and tweets than Sony did for the last 10 months combined

they may wanna consider Sony has a pretty big stage Dec 6th and if they go over board with a narrow NPD win Sony will throw it right back at them and say almost over 20M shipped or 20M shipped at their event and make a big deal out of it saying they're outselling the nearest competition 2:1 and selling more in the US since BF. 

MS prob know this and will be slightly more humble than they otherwise would.

Ehh.. It's just good to know that MS had a good Black Friday!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Lol @ the pic he tweeted. Why does he have to resort to fanboy bullshit.

Kerotan said:
celador said:

And they will.  They will put out more PR and tweets than Sony did for the last 10 months combined

they may wanna consider Sony has a pretty big stage Dec 6th and if they go over board with a narrow NPD win Sony will throw it right back at them and say almost over 20M shipped or 20M shipped at their event and make a big deal out of it saying they're outselling the nearest competition 2:1 and selling more in the US since BF. 

I think that is a good argument to not go overboard, but I think MS will regardless.  We have seen from that incredible PR a couple of weeks back, announcing they had outsold PS4 for two weeks and were nearly at 10 million shipped, that they pretty much have their finger on the trigger waiting for any kind of sales news where they can say they are on top

celador said:
Kerotan said:
celador said:

I think that is a good argument to not go overboard, but I think MS will regardless.  We have seen from that incredible PR a couple of weeks back, announcing they had outsold PS4 for two weeks and were nearly at 10 million shipped, that they pretty much have their finger on the trigger waiting for any kind of sales news where they can say they are on top

Yeah I think they are just wanting a win regardless, i mean is it really good to shout that you had to give $70 difference a $50 off card and two games to sell more than your competitor... Lets be fair here, is Sony had sold at the same price they would have sold tons more... being humble is the best thing they can do right now... be happy they think they sold more but dont be dicks about it.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

riderz13371 said:
Lol @ the pic he tweeted. Why does he have to resort to fanboy bullshit.

in defence of greenberg he replies on twitter to loads of xbox fanboys talking pure and utter shit, plus he answers back to PS fanboys and if he blocks then he will tweet it and let everyone know. I'm fairly sure he's entrenched in the fanboy side of things so his posts are a jab at them. But as fusion cod says he just comes across as a massive douche to the rest of us

DD_Bwest said:
if the xbox didnt sell out at every target store its an epic fail. just selling out isnt a big deal. compared to last year, the entry price for the xb1 was 50% off.

280 compared to 560.

280? Cheapest was 320. And 560? You mean 500 rjfbt

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion