By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Exec: Xbox One Sales Were Incredible During Black Friday, Possibly Takes A Shot At PS4

prayformojo said:
justgames7604 said:
Why is everyone so mad in this thread? doesn't sony take jabs at MS all the time. Comes across like you're all threatened and wounded.

It's one thing to be IN THE LEAD, blowing the other team out and then bragging about it. I've always said, if you're going to talk, make sure you can back it up. Microsoft is SO far behind right now that they're nearly getting doubled over world wide. Hell, they aren't even winning the US yet. That's why it's so ridiculous imo. It's like someone celebrating a goal in soccer while being down 10-3. lol

Here is the thing, while people seem to throw worldwide into the equation all the time, do you think MS considered they would actually win worldwide when Sony is in more markets and has a stronger brand.  As I have mentioned before, what forum people consider important just might not be as important to MS.  For MS, having very strong sales in the US and UK is their primary objective and a win for the company if they can continue to increase momentum and stabilize the market in those regions.  When it come to worldwide MS would also have a huge hill to climb so probably in their projections, that’s not as big a deal as going equal with Sony in the US and UK.  

So for MS its not a worldwide situation since Black Friday is a US sales event.

Around the Network
celador said:
Yeah, I saw that tweet earlier.

Phil Spencer should have a word, they need to maintain their "humble" image, and Greenberg is a liability in that regard

This is very true, Never Liked aaron greenberg.

Greenberg must've been hanging around Tretton and that big head Adam Boyes.

To put things into perspective, I prefer Xbox One's console and games to PS4's at the moment. I'm glad to see that the Xbox is doing so well this holiday and that a lot of people are giving it a chance.

At the same time, when all is said and done, the PS4 will still be the dominant machine in power and sales. Probably by a huge margin, too. I wish Microsoft could just accept the small vitory with dignity instead of saying, "Na na na na boo boo!" to the competition. Things can turn around rather quickly.

Wii U was sold out at my Target and so was the Wii Mini haha surprised for the Mini to sell. Anyway BestBuy and WalMart sold out and I believe Toys R Us did of Wii U's but Wii Mini was still at Best Buy. Don't even know if the other stores carry the Mini

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
justgames7604 said:
Why is everyone so mad in this thread? doesn't sony take jabs at MS all the time. Comes across like you're all threatened and wounded.

It's one thing to be IN THE LEAD, blowing the other team out and then bragging about it. I've always said, if you're going to talk, make sure you can back it up. Microsoft is SO far behind right now that they're nearly getting doubled over world wide. Hell, they aren't even winning the US yet. That's why it's so ridiculous imo. It's like someone celebrating a goal in soccer while being down 10-3. lol

Since when does Sony need to be in the lead?

They took jabs at Microsoft before this gen even started. Off the top of my head there was the PS4 game sharing video.

I remember loads of shit they talked about Nintendo in the handheld area amd they sure never lead in that department.

Moral of the story is big corporations are cocky.

whatever said:
I predict they will be very quiet after NPD comes out.

I predict they won't. In the US, with Xbone deals greatly outpacing the PS4 in price and value, it wouldn't surprise me to see MS come out with a lead this month.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Machiavellian said:

Here is the thing, while people seem to throw worldwide into the equation all the time, do you think MS considered they would actually win worldwide when Sony is in more markets and has a stronger brand.  As I have mentioned before, what forum people consider important just might not be as important to MS.  For MS, having very strong sales in the US and UK is their primary objective and a win for the company if they can continue to increase momentum and stabilize the market in those regions.  When it come to worldwide MS would also have a huge hill to climb so probably in their projections, that’s not as big a deal as going equal with Sony in the US and UK.  

So for MS its not a worldwide situation since Black Friday is a US sales event.

Neither you OR I work for them so neither of us really know their goals. But I will say this. Before launch, someone asked the man in charge of the division if their goal was to win world wide and he said yes.

I don't know why they wouldn't. More markets, more consoles... more money. 

DD_Bwest said:
endimion said:
DD_Bwest said:

you are probably the first one I see formulating it almost properly in your initial statement... But still a but biased you can't say it was 560 then cause you had to buy a game and then turn around and say it's 280 now cause you get a 50 dollars gift card... Bottom line if you wanted to play XBO you had to pay 560 and now you'll have to shell out 330... (unless you start venturing into hypothetical that you could sell he gift card or the game etc, but you could also say the other guy could sell the Kinect too now etc)... So either you say it was 560 then and 330 now or 500 then and 280 now but in any case it sure is a great price cut...

..... having to buy a game last year, and getting a card with a 50 dollar value to a store that pretty much sells everything is a bit different. you dont need to sell it to get a full 50 dollar value.    i can however see why YOU have a problem with it though so im going to enjoy continueing to call it 280 like it really is.

the console is halff price from last year

Not really. You said price of entry. The price of entry was $500, for one week it was $330. It is going back to $350, then maybe even back to $400.

So those drops are about 34%, 30% and 20% respectively.

If you wanted to argue about the effective price of entry, we could be here all day.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Am i the only one who can see those XB1's next to the Ps4? How is this a legit? he said: the XB1 sold out... but his photo say something else

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90