By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Exec: Xbox One Sales Were Incredible During Black Friday, Possibly Takes A Shot At PS4

Ninsect said:
Goatseye said:
Greenberg must've been hanging around Tretton and that big head Adam Boyes.

So Greenberg taught those two some tricks? Lol. Because Greenberg has been like that for many years now

Not sure about Boyes but I'm guessing this is one of the tricks Tretton learned. ;)

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Goatseye said:

What were some of the stuff he said before?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't measure up to those penis head (the Greatness couple).

Tretton is by far the worst I have ever seen in terms of stupid comments about his own product or the competitions. I am of course, disqualifying Kennith K because he is just insane. But mainly the quote about how he'd buy a PS3 for like $1,200 or whatever if you could find one, as if they were the console equivalent of unicorns or something. And all the shit he said about Nintendo while at Sony. Yikes.

People forget easily. Adam Boyes was very active last year on Twitter throwing jabs at competition, but that was fine.

Meh, I'm filing that jab under "harmless".

prayformojo said:
Machiavellian said:

Here is the thing, while people seem to throw worldwide into the equation all the time, do you think MS considered they would actually win worldwide when Sony is in more markets and has a stronger brand.  As I have mentioned before, what forum people consider important just might not be as important to MS.  For MS, having very strong sales in the US and UK is their primary objective and a win for the company if they can continue to increase momentum and stabilize the market in those regions.  When it come to worldwide MS would also have a huge hill to climb so probably in their projections, that’s not as big a deal as going equal with Sony in the US and UK.  

So for MS its not a worldwide situation since Black Friday is a US sales event.

Neither you OR I work for them so neither of us really know their goals. But I will say this. Before launch, someone asked the man in charge of the division if their goal was to win world wide and he said yes.

I don't know why they wouldn't. More markets, more consoles... more money. 

If someone ask you if you wanted to win would you say no.  Why would any corporate figure say they want to be second place, that would be silly.  Of course they want to win everything.  Realisticly they do understand where they are at and their projections of sales are probably way more realistic based on where the product is in the market.  The key is that MS main goal would be to be the number one console worldwide, the question is, how long will it take to get their.  People in forums live for the moment.  THey look at products each week or month and claim some kind of silly victory if one is on top.  A corporation looks at a product over 5 to 10 years and there are milestones where they want the product to be on a yearly basis.  So the end game MS want to dominate the world, the reality is that they would need to work damn hard over the course of years to even make that a reality.  MS would look to do that in smaller steps over the course of 5 years.