By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Exec: Xbox One Sales Were Incredible During Black Friday, Possibly Takes A Shot At PS4

DD_Bwest said:
if the xbox didnt sell out at every target store its an epic fail. just selling out isnt a big deal. compared to last year, the entry price for the xb1 was 50% off.

280 compared to 560.

560 since when Xbox one was 560 in usa lol 

Around the Network

Props to MS. Gotta say they really have turned the XBox One's situation in the US anyway around very strongly in the last 4-6 months.

"Furthermore, Greenberg also revealed that the Xbox One was a total sellout in one of the Target stores in California. In the same tweet he shared an interesting picture which shows a pallet full of PlayStation 4s."

I guess that's all the data we need. Screw stock numbers an screw every other Target and every other retailer out there. Xbox One outsold the PS4 in a random Target store in California. PS4 is DOOMED. Sony better sell some more buildings!

Hardcore_gamer said:
DD_Bwest said:
if the xbox didnt sell out at every target store its an epic fail. just selling out isnt a big deal. compared to last year, the entry price for the xb1 was 50% off.

280 compared to 560.

560 since when Xbox one was 560 in usa lol 

entry point..   last year if you wanted to buy an xbox you also needed to buy a game, hence 560.  This year its(at target) a bundle for 330 and you get a 50 dollar gift card,  so your essentially getting the console + game for 280

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Soundwave said:

Props to MS. Gotta say they really have turned the XBox One's situation in the US anyway around very strongly in the last 4-6 months.

It's not a turnaround until they outsell the PS4 for at least 2 months in a row.

So far they haven't even outsold it for 1.

You gotta admit this celebration thread is premature.

Around the Network
kinisking said:
DD_Bwest said:

280 compared to 560.

280? Cheapest was 320. And 560? You mean 500 rjfbt

refe to my post above,  entry point.     this year a game comes with it, it didnt last year.  and target gave a 50 buck card with it, essentially lowering it another 50 bucks

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

celador said:
loy310 said:
Yeah, just 1 store...... Ok, that's it, I am convinced and humbled.
But on the real tho, if they out sell PS4 they have all the reason to make the world know.

And they will.  They will put out more PR and tweets than Sony did for the last 10 months combined

That would be the obvious smart thing to do for MS.

Yup 1 store out of 1800 plus stores of target. Meanwhile 1 target by me sold out of PS4 and had a pallet of Xbox one's. Any one notice the picture really close. Like 2 dudes in target on or just after Black Friday??? Also the store clothing racks full. My targets were half empty on BF and I asked for differnt sizes and they said they had out everything. Also they seam to be Xboxs next to it. Looks like Xbox 360's thought but Xbox 360's right next to ps4s.... Looks staged to me. Expesaily only the 2 dudes and store wasn't wiped out of merchandise. It was probaly one of 2 things. Staged picture before they opened doors (the guy being an employee or there was way more PS4 for sale then Xbox ones and magically restock the shelf with more clothing. Nice try. I'am not buying it. Iam sure they did AWSOME, but PS4 beats them by a mile.

Anyone else thinks this confirm the PS4 won BF however small a margin? If MS will announce a premature 10 Million shipped figure, as well as announcing winning the first two weeks of November, they'd do the same for the biggest shopping day of the year in NA? Maybe they don't have solid numbers and hopefully we'll get some soon!

MoHasanie said:

Black Friday has come and gone. We hope that you were able to pick up your favorite consoles and games at a pretty cheap rate. This year’s Holiday is pretty important for Microsoft and Xbox One. The console is currently lagging in sales compared to the PlayStation 4, with rumors stating that the PS4 has already sold 15 million consoles compared to 8 million Xbox Ones out there.

Having said that, according to Aaron Greenberg, who looks after the marketing of first and third party games studios at Microsoft, the Xbox One had an incredible Black Friday. “Sales were incredible, grateful for all the support and new fans,” he tweeted. It will be interesting to see what kind of figures Xbox One did during the sale. Hopefully the next NPD sales figures will give us a broader picture.

Furthermore, Greenberg also revealed that the Xbox One was a total sellout in one of the Target stores in California. In the same tweet he shared an interesting picture which shows a pallet full of PlayStation 4s. (I see what you did there, Aaron!) Unfortunately this made a few fans a bit unhappy.

sold out here in California, "whole pallet sold out" per employee here.

http://gamingbolt.com/microsoft-exec-xbox-one-sales-were-incredible-during-black-friday-possibly-takes-a-shot-at-ps4#zUsqu8Krcgo84wQJ.99

Someone ask this guy how they're doing world wide... see how quickly that shit dissipates. lol