By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

I can't believe that the PS4 is still doing this good at this point, with Microsoft having so many bundles out there right now. If PS4's doing good right now, I can't imagine how good will do with the Black Friday bundle. Props for both consoles.

Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:
Samus Aran said:

I really can't understand the hype and sales for PS4. It's like gamers don't actually care about the most important thing... Games.

Now don't get me wrong, PS4 will end up with many great games during its lifetime (a lot of them will even be exclusive), but that isn't the case right now. Most games available now are also on the PS3. I guess that disproves the myth that graphics don't matter. Obviously they're super important for the majority of the gamers.

Omg this again? Yeah let's just pretend that brand new games such as LBP3 and DA:I and FC4 havent released this week and the huge improvements on GTA5 don't move gamers, let's.

People just like to look down on ps4. Review scores may be low, but Killzone:SF, Infamous:SS, LBP3, Driveclub are freaking great games. 

Its breaking Wii record by a good margin, unbelievable

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I think ps3 is undertracked and Wii-U slightly overtracked. PS4 and XOne numbers are just to big to judge if it's high or low.

And to think some doubted XOne would overtake Wii-U this year. It flew by last week and is will be far ahead by the end of the year.

PS4 end of the year being higher than Wii-U lifetime sales also pretty much a given now.

kowenicki said:
thelalaby said:
kowenicki said:

The WiiU had a bigger boost than the ONE in the UK this week... yeah, course it did.

Xbone had Halo and tons of bundles last week though, so naturally this week would not see a big increase, relatively speaking. Wii U's increase is rather believable honestly, considering we are in late November now and Wii U did not have a bump last week from software or bundles.

Xbox was down last week actually.  So, sorry, but no this isnt believable.

In any case, I dont care what happened last week... look at the software chart.  The Xbox ONE will have had a boost bigger than the WiiU this week.  No question about it. 

I'm aware Xbone dropped slightly last week, but this does not affect my argument at all. Its slight decrease was because the effect from Halo was not enough to counter the drop from COD bundles, but nevertheless it helped sustain it, otherwise it would have dropped much more notably (logically speaking).

Wii U's increase might be bigger percentage wise (by 1% lol), but let's not forget that it only increased 1k week-over-week... that's a pitiful number, and totally logical. I don't know if Xbone is undertracked or not, but WIi U's increase proves absolutely nothing imo.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
kristianity77 said:
Samus Aran said:

I really can't understand the hype and sales for PS4. It's like gamers don't actually care about the most important thing... Games.

Now don't get me wrong, PS4 will end up with many great games during its lifetime (a lot of them will even be exclusive), but that isn't the case right now. Most games available now are also on the PS3. I guess that disproves the myth that graphics don't matter. Obviously they're super important for the majority of the gamers.

So much wrong with this comment I dont know where to start.  In the last couple of weeks alone we have had Far Cry 4, Dragon Age, GTA V.  Of course graphics matter.  If they didn't we would all still be playing on PS1s and PS2s and earlier.

All of the above games are available on PS3 you are indeed correct.  But none of them play as well on the older systems, nor look as good, nor run as nicely.  So obviously people are going to buy these games on the new systems.  Its common sense.

And to suggest that the PS4 doesn't have any games right now is absurd.  I've got about 20 physical releases and about a dozen digital titles which suggest otherwise.  There might not be many games to your individual taste, granted.  But to suggest there isn't any is just plain ignorant.  

Also, 15 million sales seem to dictate that people on a whole, disagree with you also.

Sales say nothing about quality though. Unless you think Justin Bieber rivals Beethoven in musical talent. That's my whole point, these games are all on the older gen systems and run just fine there! This might just be me, but I only upgrade to a new console when there are exclusive (to that specific gen) games out on it. 

Yes but thats still not really valid.  Thats the same as trying to convince someone who has a massively souped up PC that they are getting the same experience as someone else who is running the game on a knackered old PC held together by 10 year old dust.  Its not the same though is it.  The games play better on the new consoles, thats not an opinion, its fact. 

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

daredevil.shark said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
daredevil.shark said:
Those PS4 numbers. And I think PS4 is still under tracked. Damn.

Why? What could possibly make you look at that number and say "it should be higher"?

Just a hunch. Nothing else. And its kinda confirmed that PS4 will pass 20 million numbers by this year.

Oh. I agree that the PS4 will likely pass that number. I just wanted to see if your overtracking claim was really based on anything!

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

I really wonder..... Why do Americans buy consoles the week before black friday's deals? I mean they must know there will be great bundles if they just wait 1 more week?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

well judging by it for wii u
149k-86k
63k-9k from japan
54k-7k from row
apparently wii u did almost 50k in eu last week
makes sense especialy how well the mk8 bundle is doing at amazon de and fr

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Great week for PS4 and X1. I'm curious what caused that massive PS4 boost.

Smash Bros doesn't seem to be the game changer Wii U fans hoped. I think the only major IP Nintendo has left for Wii U is Zelda.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)