By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

Burek said:
Only 20K behind in the US, but I suspect the effects of XOne October overtracking are still in effect. Even if correct, PS4 pulling great numbers without any deals.
Still very possible to take November NPD once the BF bundle deals kick in.

I'm skeptical.
PS4 would need at least 200k lead on BF. Possible though.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Those PS4 numbers. And I think PS4 is still under tracked. Damn.

Why? What could possibly make you look at that number and say "it should be higher"?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

kristianity77 said:
Samus Aran said:

I really can't understand the hype and sales for PS4. It's like gamers don't actually care about the most important thing... Games.

Now don't get me wrong, PS4 will end up with many great games during its lifetime (a lot of them will even be exclusive), but that isn't the case right now. Most games available now are also on the PS3. I guess that disproves the myth that graphics don't matter. Obviously they're super important for the majority of the gamers.

So much wrong with this comment I dont know where to start.  In the last couple of weeks alone we have had Far Cry 4, Dragon Age, GTA V.  Of course graphics matter.  If they didn't we would all still be playing on PS1s and PS2s and earlier.

All of the above games are available on PS3 you are indeed correct.  But none of them play as well on the older systems, nor look as good, nor run as nicely.  So obviously people are going to buy these games on the new systems.  Its common sense.

And to suggest that the PS4 doesn't have any games right now is absurd.  I've got about 20 physical releases and about a dozen digital titles which suggest otherwise.  There might not be many games to your individual taste, granted.  But to suggest there isn't any is just plain ignorant.  

Also, 15 million sales seem to dictate that people on a whole, disagree with you also.

Sales say nothing about quality though. Unless you think Justin Bieber rivals Beethoven in musical talent. That's my whole point, these games are all on the older gen systems and run just fine there! This might just be me, but I only upgrade to a new console when there are exclusive (to that specific gen) games out on it. 

Samus Aran said:

I really can't understand the hype and sales for PS4. It's like gamers don't actually care about the most important thing... Games.

Now don't get me wrong, PS4 will end up with many great games during its lifetime (a lot of them will even be exclusive), but that isn't the case right now. Most games available now are also on the PS3. I guess that disproves the myth that graphics don't matter. Obviously they're super important for the majority of the gamers.

The PS4 has plenty of games for every type of gamer. You seem to live in a plane where only exclusives matter i assume and It's called the Wii U, I assume.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Samus Aran said:
fluky-nintendy said:
Samus Aran said:

Omg this again? Yeah let's just pretend that brand new games such as LBP3 and DA:I and FC4 havent released this week and the huge improvements on GTA5 don't move gamers, let's.

Littlebigplanet 3 is also on PS3 and graphically it holds up quite well compared to the PS4 (look at comparison vids if you want). All games you mentioned are also on the PS3 or XBONE. Or PC...

Yeah sure all those games are on other platforms as well. But the fact is people are buying them MORE on PS4 which totally justifies the hardware sales. They are not buying PS4 to sit there and wait for other games, they are buying for those games first than any other console or PC.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
Blarg said:
Nate4Drake said:
Blarg said:
fireburn95 said:
So $50 cheaper and only sold 20k more units than PS4

#XboxComeBack

It's selling brilliantly, so yes it has made a comeback. 

A 'fire sales' come back only in NA. In the Global PS4 is crushing XOne.

Doesn't matter. X1 should finish a comfortable second in US, UK (maybe first in these two!) and Europe.  It can still be a success, people get that in their thick heads. 

It cannot be success considering their investments in this and on long term. They may able to break in now with sales but in futue there is a problem. PS4 foundation is getting strong and with PS experience and next year half where XB1 has nothing to counter.

Soooo, was the PS3 a failure then?

See, It can be a success even without being number one, all that matters is making profit and having decent sales numbers. 

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Nate4Drake said:
Samus Aran said:

Yes, gemers don't care about the best version of GTAV, the best version of Dragon Age, Far Cry4, COD: AW, Shadow of Mordor, The Evil Within, Destiny, NBA 2K 15, Fifa 15,  etc etc.

You are right, these are not games. Only Mario kart is a game...

Don't know if I should laugh or cry...

Aren't most of those games better on PC? Serious question as I don't buy many games on my PC.

colafitte said:
Aerys said:
Ok now, 20,2M at the end of year ils confirmed

I'm starting to think that even 20m will be below real sales in the end....

Sony expects to ship 9.4 million PS3s + PS4s from Oct 1st 2014 until Mar 31st 2015. I think they will either sabotage themselves (hold shipments for next FY, as they've done in the past) or go over their FY forecast by 1-2+ million. 

ohmylanta1003 said:
daredevil.shark said:
Those PS4 numbers. And I think PS4 is still under tracked. Damn.

Why? What could possibly make you look at that number and say "it should be higher"?

Just a hunch. Nothing else. And its kinda confirmed that PS4 will pass 20 million numbers by this year.

NewGuy said:
colafitte said:
Aerys said:
Ok now, 20,2M at the end of year ils confirmed

I'm starting to think that even 20m will be below real sales in the end....

Sony expects to ship 9.4 million PS3s + PS4s from Oct 1st 2014 until Mar 31st 2015. I think they will either sabotage themselves (hold shipments for next FY, as they've done in the past) or go over their FY forecast by 1-2+ million. 

One advice: DON'T TRUST SONY SHIPMENTS PROJECTIONS EVER. They're awful, not only with PS4.