By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

Blarg said:
Nate4Drake said:
Blarg said:
fireburn95 said:
So $50 cheaper and only sold 20k more units than PS4

#XboxComeBack

It's selling brilliantly, so yes it has made a comeback. 

A 'fire sales' come back only in NA. In the Global PS4 is crushing XOne.

Doesn't matter. X1 should finish a comfortable second in US, UK (maybe first in these two!) and Europe.  It can still be a success, people get that in their thick heads. 

It cannot be success considering their investments in this and on long term. They may able to break in now with sales but in futue there is a problem. PS4 foundation is getting strong and with PS experience and next year half where XB1 has nothing to counter.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network

I really can't understand the hype and sales for PS4. It's like gamers don't actually care about the most important thing... Games.

Now don't get me wrong, PS4 will end up with many great games during its lifetime (a lot of them will even be exclusive), but that isn't the case right now. Most games available now are also on the PS3. I guess that disproves the myth that graphics don't matter. Obviously they're super important for the majority of the gamers.

Blarg said:

Doesn't matter. X1 should finish a comfortable second in US, UK (maybe first in these two!) and Europe.  It can still be a success, people get that in their thick heads. 

There is no success without being number one.  Didn't you get the memo that if you aren't number one you have to give all the profits you made to charity because you didn't give your fans bragging rights?

bananaking21 said:
Im going back to the point where i cant believe these numbers. 700k for ps4? Im callibg over tracked, i just cant believe how massive these numbers are.

Based on what??, just skepticism??, because those PS4 are way similar to Wii sales in the same timeframe, and the last official numbers we got for both in their first October shipments gave PS4 the advantage over Wii, so why not PS4 can sell the same or better in these weeks??

People say Wii have back then "casual games", Wii Sports, or whatever game that helped sell Wii. PS4 has the most casual of games too, even bigger, and they're named FIFA 15 and COD AW. They're so casual than even XBO is benefiting from them.

So it will be good for one time to read a good reason WHY PS4 CAN NOT SELL THESE NUMBERS. 

Thanks.

xbox one sold > xbox one shipped* **
ps4 sold > ps4 shipped* **

*january 1st 2015.
**vgcz.

Around the Network

Only 20K behind in the US, but I suspect the effects of XOne October overtracking are still in effect. Even if correct, PS4 pulling great numbers without any deals.
Still very possible to take November NPD once the BF bundle deals kick in.

vivster said:
thelalaby said:

I got the numbers from the Tools section... there are also region-specific numbers there.

UK and US software is already up!

We can only have one of this thread so if you do one, please do it properly. Please post as much information in the OP as you can including the different regions and software.

Also wrong section.

I will post more info once VGC's official HW chart is up... and how could I move the thread to the right section? I didn't pay attention. Thanks!

biglittlesps said:
Blarg said:
Nate4Drake said:
Blarg said:
fireburn95 said:
So $50 cheaper and only sold 20k more units than PS4

#XboxComeBack

It's selling brilliantly, so yes it has made a comeback. 

A 'fire sales' come back only in NA. In the Global PS4 is crushing XOne.

It cannot be success considering their investments in this and on long term. They may able to break in now with sales but in futue there is a problem. PS4 foundation is getting strong and with PS experience and next year half where XB1 has nothing to counter.

Millions were invested in the 360 and PS3, but they got easily beaten by the Wii. Does that make them a failure? Was the PSP a failure just because it was crushed by the DS?

I didn't want to believe the PS4 numbers but then I saw GTA5, FC4, DAI. Makes much more sense now.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ok now, 20,2M at the end of year ils confirmed

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m