By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

Samus Aran said:

I really can't understand the hype and sales for PS4. It's like gamers don't actually care about the most important thing... Games.

Now don't get me wrong, PS4 will end up with many great games during its lifetime (a lot of them will even be exclusive), but that isn't the case right now. Most games available now are also on the PS3. I guess that disproves the myth that graphics don't matter. Obviously they're super important for the majority of the gamers.

Omg this again? Yeah let's just pretend that brand new games such as LBP3 and DA:I and FC4 havent released this week and the huge improvements on GTA5 don't move gamers, let's.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

I really can't understand the hype and sales for PS4. It's like gamers don't actually care about the most important thing... Games.

Now don't get me wrong, PS4 will end up with many great games during its lifetime (a lot of them will even be exclusive), but that isn't the case right now. Most games available now are also on the PS3. I guess that disproves the myth that graphics don't matter. Obviously they're super important for the majority of the gamers.

So much wrong with this comment I dont know where to start.  In the last couple of weeks alone we have had Far Cry 4, Dragon Age, GTA V.  Of course graphics matter.  If they didn't we would all still be playing on PS1s and PS2s and earlier.

All of the above games are available on PS3 you are indeed correct.  But none of them play as well on the older systems, nor look as good, nor run as nicely.  So obviously people are going to buy these games on the new systems.  Its common sense.

And to suggest that the PS4 doesn't have any games right now is absurd.  I've got about 20 physical releases and about a dozen digital titles which suggest otherwise.  There might not be many games to your individual taste, granted.  But to suggest there isn't any is just plain ignorant.  

Also, 15 million sales seem to dictate that people on a whole, disagree with you also.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Those PS4 numbers. And I think PS4 is still under tracked. Damn.

Aerys said:
Ok now, 20,2M at the end of year ils confirmed

I'm starting to think that even 20m will be below real sales in the end....

kowenicki said:

The WiiU had a bigger boost than the ONE in the UK this week... yeah, course it did.

Xbone had Halo and tons of bundles last week though, so naturally this week would not see a big increase, relatively speaking. Wii U's increase is rather believable honestly, considering we are in late November now and Wii U did not have a bump last week from software or bundles.

Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:
Samus Aran said:

Omg this again? Yeah let's just pretend that brand new games such as LBP3 and DA:I and FC4 havent released this week and the huge improvements on GTA5 don't move gamers, let's.

Littlebigplanet 3 is also on PS3 and graphically it holds up quite well compared to the PS4 (look at comparison vids if you want). All games you mentioned are also on the PS3 or XBONE. Or PC...

Did last week's numbers get adjusted down?

Both X1 & PS4 lost 20k each.

Those PS4 sales are insane what will happen on black Friday 1,000,000 units maybe.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Samus Aran said:

I know what you mean, its like the Wii effect a few years ago

Samus Aran said:

Yes, gemers don't care about the best version of GTAV, the best version of Dragon Age, Far Cry4, COD: AW, Shadow of Mordor, The Evil Within, Destiny, NBA 2K 15, Fifa 15,  etc etc.

You are right, these are not games. Only Mario kart is a game...

Don't know if I should laugh or cry...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.