By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

bananaking21 said:
biglittlesps said:
bananaking21 said:
Im going back to the point where i cant believe these numbers. 700k for ps4? Im callibg over tracked, i just cant believe how massive these numbers are.

its believable if major sales are from Europe because its doing excellent there and we have boost for PS4 with titles like GTA V, FC4, DR I and LBP3 in this week.

I just dont see it. Not even the wii posted numbers this massive. A 750k~ week would be considered good for a bf week, now ps4 is doing it in nov on a none bf week

This is not a normal week though. A lot of high profile games were released, including the biggest IP in the industry perhaps

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

VGC numbers are an estimate. Members estimate are an estimate of an estimate. Can't wait to see numbers of someone else estimating the estimate of an estimate. Please guys continue, I need a laugh.

Amazing PS4 figures, really impressive. Not easy to be accepted by non Sony fans.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

kristianity77 said:
Samus Aran said:

I really can't understand the hype and sales for PS4. It's like gamers don't actually care about the most important thing... Games.

Now don't get me wrong, PS4 will end up with many great games during its lifetime (a lot of them will even be exclusive), but that isn't the case right now. Most games available now are also on the PS3. I guess that disproves the myth that graphics don't matter. Obviously they're super important for the majority of the gamers.

So much wrong with this comment I dont know where to start.  In the last couple of weeks alone we have had Far Cry 4, Dragon Age, GTA V.  Of course graphics matter.  If they didn't we would all still be playing on PS1s and PS2s and earlier.

All of the above games are available on PS3 you are indeed correct.  But none of them play as well on the older systems, nor look as good, nor run as nicely.  So obviously people are going to buy these games on the new systems.  Its common sense.

And to suggest that the PS4 doesn't have any games right now is absurd.  I've got about 20 physical releases and about a dozen digital titles which suggest otherwise.  There might not be many games to your individual taste, granted.  But to suggest there isn't any is just plain ignorant.  

Also, 15 million sales seem to dictate that people on a whole, disagree with you also.

He probably means that there is no Mario, Zelda or Smash on the systems and thus no games

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Those PS4 numbers, so sexy!!! It looks like it'll be over 18 millions by the end of the year if it kept the momentum!!!

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

These numbers will change before the front page is updated

Around the Network

Wow

Those PS4 sales are incredible.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

ethomaz said:

soony_xbone_U said:

Where do u know that from?
Do u work for the NPD group?
Who gave u that numbers?

From MS PR spin.

VGC had Xbone at 80 the last week of October... using the MS PR spin you have a little over 3 times the last week numbers to 10 days counting after November 2nd.

So it is 240k (a little more but I will use 240k) sold between 2nd and 12nd... this include big launch games in 2nd (CoD + pricecut) and 11th (Halo, Unity).

So my personal prediction is ~180k in US for the first week (2nd to 9th) and 60k for the init of the second week (10th to 12nd).

VGC had 260k for the first week alone.

The US numbers for Xbone are ahead PS4 but it is nowhere close to 100k per week lol... even MS PR spin deny that.

U should read that pr again.
What make u think this 3 times over the last week sales are for 10 days and not for the next week like a normal WoW increase everyone i know is using.
I never heard about anyone who said our sales increased over 3 times the last week, but this accounts not for one week, what would make sene by logice, but count for 10 day

Okay now i know one person who think so. but that does not make any sense. And u KNOW nothing. U think something. Totally differece

Samus Aran said:
kristianity77 said:

Yes but thats still not really valid.  Thats the same as trying to convince someone who has a massively souped up PC that they are getting the same experience as someone else who is running the game on a knackered old PC held together by 10 year old dust.  Its not the same though is it.  The games play better on the new consoles, thats not an opinion, its fact. 

Pretty bad analogy as a 10 year old PC wouldn't be able to run the most modern games coming out. Oh well, I'll be patiently awaiting the first good exclusives for a PS4, that will be the main reason why I'll eventually buy a PS4. First party games made by Sony and Nintendo just stand out to me compared to the third party studios (with their annual releases, broken games at launch and what not). 

Bloodborne is coming in March so I guess you could start getting ready for it. Also, there are already plenty of good Sony games on PS4 (Killzone: SF, (Knack), inFAMOUS: SS, DriveClub, LittleBigPlanet 3 and more).

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

colafitte said:
NewGuy said:

Can't remember a time when sony shipped over their projections though. Even one time when they clearly were going to, but held back shipments for the next FY.

Lol, you can't'???. You have to revisit every Sony forecast from last year. They always screw badly their projections over or under the final number with every product. One example...., they said a year ago, just when PS4 launched that they expected 5m SHIPPED for March 2014, and they ended SELLING more than 7m.

Yep, even Sony is surprised by PS4s immense sales success

The One and Only

VizionEck.com