By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

Kyuu said:

Nevermind the embedding fail.

Here's some fitting music to those PS4 numbers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU

I prefer The Extreme from FFVIII but this sets the tone well :)

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Im going back to the point where i cant believe these numbers. 700k for ps4? Im callibg over tracked, i just cant believe how massive these numbers are.

Is almost 500k X1s ok? I have a harder time believing that 

Those PS4 sales are amazing... I'm also glad to see the WiiU passing 100k!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Is it me or do the US launch sales of GTAV and FC4 seem quite undertracked? I mean FC4 only did just over 2 times as much in the US as it did in the UK on PS4. GTAV only about 3 times as much. I thought the usual ratio was closer to 4 or 5. Heck, the Dragon Age ratio is 6:1 and CoD PS4 is around 5.5:1

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

those numbers (apart from WiiU + Vita) look too good to be true to be honest

I hope shipment data will paint the same picture come january

Around the Network
Nymeria said:
Is that a record for PS4s sold in a week? Seems lots of folks moving on to the new generation of systems.

VGC says it peaked on Black Friday week of last year the 25th of November through December 2nd. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php

kowenicki said:
Nate4Drake said:
Blarg said:
fireburn95 said:
So $50 cheaper and only sold 20k more units than PS4

#XboxComeBack

It's selling brilliantly, so yes it has made a comeback. 

A 'fire sales' come back only in NA. In the Global PS4 is crushing XOne.

Less than 1.5:1 is crushing?

I remember a time when 2:1 was the minimum expectation in the US and between 5:1 and 8:1 was the expectation in Europe....

I remember when the PS4 has total sales that almost double what the X1 has;) yeah its crushing the X1

ijustlikegames:) said:
kowenicki said:
Nate4Drake said:
Blarg said:
fireburn95 said:
So $50 cheaper and only sold 20k more units than PS4

#XboxComeBack

It's selling brilliantly, so yes it has made a comeback. 

A 'fire sales' come back only in NA. In the Global PS4 is crushing XOne.

Less than 1.5:1 is crushing?

I remember a time when 2:1 was the minimum expectation in the US and between 5:1 and 8:1 was the expectation in Europe....

I remember when the PS4 has total sales that almost double what the X1 has;) yeah its crushing the X1

I meant that even though MS are giving away consoles and games for free since 1st of november in NA, PS4 still managed, according to VGC, to sell like (XOne + WiiU + 100k) in the week ending 22nd.  This is crushing MS, considering also that PS4 has roughly twice the user base than Xone.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

PS4 just looks too much. Has to be overtracked or that is just ridiculous if anywhere near the real amount.

ethomaz said:

soony_xbone_U said:

U should read that pr again.
What make u think this 3 times over the last week sales are for 10 days and not for the next week like a normal WoW increase everyone i know is using.
I never heard about anyone who said our sales increased over 3 times the last week, but this accounts not for one week, what would make sene by logice, but count for 10 day

Okay now i know one person who think so. but that does not make any sense. And u KNOW nothing. U think something. Totally differece

Most GAFers have the same opinion about the PR spin... they are using 10 days to say triple because just the first week didn't reached that.

A lot of VGC users too... in a lot of threads.

That is why it is called spin... they tried to show a bigger boost after the price cut than what really happened.

Lol okay. In tha case i "know" the more than tripled mean 3.9x times the previous week.

And what about the statement about the last two weeks leading the sales in the US. Do he talk about the one previous week and just the half, the pr come out?
Or did he talk about the Sunset Overdrive week and the Cod week, what would be normal? Do u know that, too?

Do u also know, that the Sony PR, as example, always refers to previous dates?
7th January announce 4.2m Ps4 sold as of 28th December
16th April announce 7m Ps4 sold as of 6th April
12th August announce 10m Ps4 sold as of 10th August

And now u want to tell me, that the PR coming out on 12th Novmber refers to sales of 12th Novmeber?
Microsoft is ofc not that fast. They need time to write and evaluate the PR. They need time to get the numbers right etc...

That PR is clearly not about some half week sales between the 10th and 12th November. And i know that.