By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

kitler53 said:
ethomaz said:

I know Xbone numbers are overtracked last weeks in US.

Now I believe PS4 numbers are overtracked too.

Said that the PS4 + GTAV + TLOUR bundle is to dominated the Black Friday like no other bundle.

yeah, i sense some significant overcompenstation in these numbers.  wii did 673k on black friday in the equivalent holiday and vgcz expects me to believe ps4 did 734k the week before black friday.  GTA is big but not that big.  i think we're over by 100k+ this week.  i could believe ~500k but not 734k.

Keep in mind Black Friday week that year was almost a week earlier (5 days), so it is pretty hard to compare. Also, the Wii had 1 major release occur even remotely close to that Black Friday, and it was Super Mario Galaxy 4 weeks earlier.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

Is that a record for PS4s sold in a week? Seems lots of folks moving on to the new generation of systems.

Ninsect said:
colafitte said:
NewGuy said:

Can't remember a time when sony shipped over their projections though. Even one time when they clearly were going to, but held back shipments for the next FY.

Lol, you can't'???. You have to revisit every Sony forecast from last year. They always screw badly their projections over or under the final number with every product. One example...., they said a year ago, just when PS4 launched that they expected 5m SHIPPED for March 2014, and they ended SELLING more than 7m.

Yep, even Sony is surprised by PS4s immense sales success

I think not even Sony was expecting this.  PS4 exceeded their expectations.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Remember people, Smash and Pokemon have only been out for two days according to this chartt

Samus Aran said:

I really can't understand the hype and sales for PS4. It's like gamers don't actually care about the most important thing... Games.

Now don't get me wrong, PS4 will end up with many great games during its lifetime (a lot of them will even be exclusive), but that isn't the case right now. Most games available now are also on the PS3. I guess that disproves the myth that graphics don't matter. Obviously they're super important for the majority of the gamers.

Why play these games on a PS3 if you can get them on a PS4? Why buy an 8 year old PS3 when you can buy a PS4? Come on.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

Holy crap, those PS4 numbers!

With black Friday ps4 will reach 1 million.

Nymeria said:
Is that a record for PS4s sold in a week? Seems lots of folks moving on to the new generation of systems.

No, 3 weeks were bigger than this last year

Also, PS4 Destiny week > 600k, now

Nymeria said:

Maybe outside launch week? Not sure

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

soony_xbone_U said:

U should read that pr again.
What make u think this 3 times over the last week sales are for 10 days and not for the next week like a normal WoW increase everyone i know is using.
I never heard about anyone who said our sales increased over 3 times the last week, but this accounts not for one week, what would make sene by logice, but count for 10 day

Okay now i know one person who think so. but that does not make any sense. And u KNOW nothing. U think something. Totally differece

Most GAFers have the same opinion about the PR spin... they are using 10 days to say triple because just the first week didn't reached that.

A lot of VGC users too... in a lot of threads.

That is why it is called spin... they tried to show a bigger boost after the price cut than what really happened.