By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Xenoblade X for Wii U be the first (Edit- Second party...my gawd People!!)third party game on the Wii U to break a million in sales?

hey now, Lego City Undercover still has a chance

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

I have the unshakable urge to say that xenoblade x is a first party game for some reason...

spurgeonryan said:
Ljink96 said:
Changing the title won't do any good. It renders the thread useless I'm afraid. Why not change it to "first Wii U game to break 1M that's not Mario or Zelda".

My gawd! Not changing anything. It is not actually made by Nintendo.

A million or not. That is the question.

Nintendo owns Monolith Soft. For all intents and purposes, this is a first party title.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

spurgeonryan said:
MohammadBadir said:
For crying out loud it's a first party game.

Come on! You know what I mean. Miyamoto is not in charge and I doubt Nintendo sees much of development.

Sales prediction?

Nintendo owns monolith soft... How could they not be involved??? That's like saying Nintendo isn't involved with any of the games made by their own studios... Seriously spurge, just change the title!

spemanig said:
It's first party. It doesn't matter who made it. Nintendo owns the IP. That's like saying minish cap or w101 are third/second party games.

But... they are...

Minish Cap is 2nd party and Wonderful 101 is 3rd.  Owning an IP doesn't necessarily make a game 1st party, and publishing a game doesn't necessarily make it 2nd.

I think the only "gray area" concerning whats 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party with Nintendo is Pokemon.  The Pokemon Company is owned by Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures in equal thirds, but Nintendo also owns Creatures and has majority stake in Game Freak.  So Pokemon is like... 1.5th Party?

Around the Network
CaviarMeths said:
spemanig said:
It's first party. It doesn't matter who made it. Nintendo owns the IP. That's like saying minish cap or w101 are third/second party games.

But... they are...

Minish Cap is 2nd party and Wonderful 101 is 3rd.  Owning an IP doesn't necessarily make a game 1st party, and publishing a game doesn't necessarily make it 2nd.

I think the only "gray area" concerning whats 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party with Nintendo is Pokemon.  The Pokemon Company is owned by Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures in equal thirds, but Nintendo also owns Creatures and has majority stake in Game Freak.  So Pokemon is like... 1.5th Party?

No, they aren't. Owning an IP absolutely makes a game 1st party. That's like saying that because I let you ride my bike for a day, it's suddenly partly your bike. Minish Cap and W101 are both 1st party games. No gray area there. Pokemon is a first party game. 

spurgeonryan said:
MohammadBadir said:
For crying out loud it's a first party game.

Come on! You know what I mean. Miyamoto is not in charge and I doubt Nintendo sees much of development.

Sales prediction?

so Super Mario 3D World is second party?

Click HERE and be happy 

Maybe not first but will pass 1m lifetime

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Xenoblade is a first party game, and it MIGHT pass 1 million! I hope it does!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I don't see XCX reaching 1 million, I'd say it will be around 700k.
It might've sold more if Shulk was the protagonist. I suppose he gained some fame due to his Smash Bros. appearances.