By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Xenoblade X for Wii U be the first (Edit- Second party...my gawd People!!)third party game on the Wii U to break a million in sales?

Hey time to edit the title. FIRST party. Guys Nintendo owns over 50% of Monolithsoft

That makes it first party. Xenoblade Chronicles X is first party

Around the Network

They are 1st party. And the answer is nope. I think DKC may be able to crawl to 1 mill but that's about it.

I hope this games sales a lot to the point Xenoblade becoming more and more important franchise for Nintendo, and keep making the sequel, and also i hope if this games success in the market (i mean not just selling but getting higher on meta critic score ) i hope many Japanese Developer make more JRPG on this gen.

MONOLITH IS FIRST PARTY! NOT SECOND NOT THIRD!  FIRST PARTY!

Why do people not get this yet? It's been years since they became first party.

As most games this generation for Nintendo, it's difficult to gauge. Xenoblade Chronicles managed to get close to a million and was one of the most downloaded titles in the year it was released. X looks to have a much broader appeal and many more people seem to know and care for its existence. From what we've seen so far it also appears to improve on many aspects of the previous installment. The biggest drawback it has is the relatively small amount of people who own a Wii U.

Nintendo is also pushing this franchise a lot, with Shulk already appearing in Smash, Gaur Plains having a stage with 1 of only 3 stage bosses, Xenoblade Chronicles getting a remaster for the 3DS. In the end I do think it has decent shot at getting to a million.

Around the Network

This thread just feels pointless now, its basically a will XCX sell 1m thread and has nothing to do with the original non 1st party doing well on Nintendo thing it seemed to be.
To answer the question though, no. I would have said yes seeing as the original was hard to get and Im sure the original has created hype for the new game but WiiU has sold really poorly and yes I believe their were PS360 owners that had a Wii and picked XBC up but have no interest in WiiU.
On the plus side it should have a good 3 months to itself to sell as much as it can as Nintendo's new big WiiU title before the next one comes along =P I kid, I kid.

"Hey guys, I think Monolith is 1st Party"

It may crawl to a million. I'm sure that the first would have a good chance if not for NoA's silly publishing of it. I'm also fairly sure that the type of gamer to buy Xenoblade, a niche JRPG late in the Wii life cycle, are probably in that small "core" Nintendo fanbase who have indeed bought the Wii U already, so the audience should be mostly retained. Goes without saying that the Wii U hasn't sold to the casual audience, but it should also go without saying that neither did Xenoblade Chronicles.

I think that this is one of the few games that actually has a solid chance of selling just as well on the Wii U as it did on the Wii.

I think it can break a million. Think the Wii U is the type of console that core Nintendo fans will support to the bone. I think it can crawl to a million.

250k Japan - 200k EU - 500k NA - +Extra 50k elsewhere

spurgeonryan said:
KLXVER said:
Considering its a first party game, probably not...

Well Monolith soft. Not actually Nintendo. I guess you could call it Second party.

Monolith soft is one of Nintendo's Dev studios. It's first party. This is like saying "Mario is developed by EAD, not Nintendo"

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

despite the fact that it's not third party, I'd be extremely disapointed in the Wii U userbase if it doesn't cross one million. It's in my opinion the most interesting looking game in the system's library.