By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Microsoft saved Vita

Lolll Microsoft is doing Sony's work! Go Microsoft!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Slade6alpha said:

Yeah cause MS has no real party right? 

Edit: "real" meaning home made/ home grown. 

Ok..Tell me truly then....what games does MS have that are more valuable than Halo, Gears, Minecraft, The Kinect and the Rare library? All purchased while in development from outside companies.

So basically MS are great at finding awesome talents and giving them resources to develop great games, nice to see you give compliments to MS :). Besides, how many companies have Sony bought because of their talent....?

roborad said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Wasn't Minecraft on its way to the Vita before the adquisition?

well, microsoft could have stopped its release, but they didn't.  

You know, MS is getting the money from this game ;)

Puppyroach said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ok..Tell me truly then....what games does MS have that are more valuable than Halo, Gears, Minecraft, The Kinect and the Rare library? All purchased while in development from outside companies.

So basically MS are great at finding awesome talents and giving them resources to develop great games, nice to see you give compliments to MS :). Besides, how many companies have Sony bought because of their talent....?

I've always said that MS is better at finding talent and marketing and Sony is better at co-developing, developing or harnessing talent. That argument has yet to change. I agree. It's not a complain about MS..if you think it is then prove me wrong.

Wright said:

Microsoft isn't the gaming company we deserve, but the one we need.

One of the most accurate uses :). I am humbled.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MikeRox said:
I think Microsoft having the third biggest UK Vita launch, and the biggest since the system's launch, is certainly thread worthy!

Please Sony, sell Vita to Microsoft!

....lol. MS would handle a handleheld worse than Sony. Most of their best IP's were purchased. They would have to keep purchasing things to keep it working.

Vita would sink Xbox faster than the 1 Xbox and Xbox 1 combined.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

MikeRox said:
I think Microsoft having the third biggest UK Vita launch, and the biggest since the system's launch, is certainly thread worthy!

That would be a terrible idea. The return would be absolutely dismal. Especially if they wanted to cut the price enough to make it competitive.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Darwinianevolution said:
Wasn't Minecraft on its way to the Vita before the adquisition?

Exactly.  Just because Microsoft stepped in and bought the company doesn't mean they had anything to do with saving the vita.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
MikeRox said:

That would be a terrible idea. The return would be absolutely dismal. Especially if they wanted to cut the price enough to make it competitive.

I was just messing. But in all seriousness, the Vita has been a surprisingly profitable system for Sony despite it's lack of userbase. Unlike Nintendo, they didn't reduce the system to below cost at all meaning although it bombed, they didn't ever have a point when they were incurring huge losses on the thing.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
MikeRox said:

I was just messing. But in all seriousness, the Vita has been a surprisingly profitable system for Sony despite it's lack of userbase. Unlike Nintendo, they didn't reduce the system to below cost at all meaning although it bombed, they didn't ever have a point when they were incurring huge losses on the thing.

No the main difference is Sony basically just used off the shelf components for the Vita, the Vita is basically just a dated iPad 3 chip and standardized RAM. They even axed the OLED screen for the new model. 

Nintendo insists on highly customized hardware components along with expensive hardware gimmicks (3D screen/dual screens, touchscreen controller, etc.). Like the Wii U for example uses a very propietary CPU, and very customized GPU with heavy empahsis on low power usage ... but that makes the chip expensive because it's a very specific part, not something that uses just off the shelf components. 

Anyways though to the OP's point I don't think Vita is "saved". There's too many other ways for kids to play Minecraft.