By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Just Insulted the Entire Video Game Industry

Tagged games:

Anfebious said:
ganoncrotch said:

Heh, my forum online name comes from his taunt in Melee, he just has such a big.... taunt.

He's my record in Home run contest in the new game too, 1.7km was well chuffed.

I realized just now about the taunt... .

He is definitely the best one to do the Home Run contests! He might be low tier in the meta game but that makes him more fun to use!

tis the little things in smash bros that get you, I played that game on the GC for so many years and it was only towards the end that I noticed how evil Peach is with her forward smash in the air, such a vicious attack.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
mofili said:
Qwark said:

I pitty the ones who've the Wii U as their main system instead of secondary system, in terms of library the PS4/Xone is already ahead of the Wii U, at the end of this gen the difference will be ridicelously huge. The list of 85+ awarded metascore games on either the PS4/Xone will be at least quadrupple the list of the WII U 85+ meta.

You can´t be serious if you think the competition has a better gaming library than the Wii U. Either that or stop taking drugs

Nintendo knows third party is ultimate equalizer for any console manufacturer if they hope to be competitive with a stable audience. Nintnendo is just spinning the truth because they lost out yet again because their console was underpowered and will not achieve what third parties hoped for their games in the next gen. At the beginning of the gen they courted third party and was boasting that the Wii U had the best version of COD out there (which was not true) it was on par with the last gen consoles. If you feel that the Wii U is superior thats fine, but it doesn't change its situation. Third party makes your library more appealing to a broader audience.

another spin off from miyamoto's interview lol this guys are awesome.

34 years playing games.

kljesta64 said:
I dont get it.

Is this Inception ?

I don't think anyone does apparently!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Qwark said:

Oh really where is the counter for, Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age, Watch Dogs, Diablo 3, TLOUR, GTA and Infamous Second son on the WII U. Besides Mario kart, Smash Bros U, Bayonetta 2 and 3d world it isn't all that much. And I should not even mention indies, in which department Sony kicks ass. At the end of this year the library of the PS4 is probably already better than the WII U library, which if I may remind you has been out for more than a year compared to the PS4. And if the library of the U is still a bit better after the holidays of 2015, then the PS4 library will surpass the U's library at the day bloodborne releases. 

Its all a matter of perspective man...

I have a PS3, a Wii, a 3DS and a PC that can barely run most indie games. From my perspective, Wii U is easily the best choice for next gen consoles. While PS4 does have Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age, Watch Dogs, Diablo 3, TLOUR, GTA, and Infamous...so does the PS3 (PS3 only has Infamous 1 and 2 and not SS, but I've played infamous 1 and don't particularly care to play anything else in the series). Wii U on the other hand is full of games that I pretty much need to play. As a gamer, I cannot live without Smash Bros, and nobody comes close to making platformers like Nintendo does.

Additionally, you mention indie games, and while you may not know this, but Nintendo hauls in quite a few of those. While Sony tends to get a lot of high profile "artsy" indies (for context, I mean things like The Witness, Journey, Unfinished Swan...), Nintendo tends to get a lot of high profile "retro" indies such as Shovel Knight, Shantae, Mighty Number 09, Ittle Dew, 1001 Spikes etc (yes some of those are multiplatform). I wouldn't argue that either of these indie libraries are bad, and almost every day I see new indie games being announced for the Wii U eShop (I mean that literally). Additionally, the Wii U has the Virtual Console, and while opinions are mixed on this, I find it to add a pretty great value to the system.

Saying things like "I pity people who have the Wii U as their primary console" is ignorant and small minded. The Wii U is a fantastic machine with a fantastic set of games and so is the PS4 and XBO. All three of them look to have amazing 2015s from a software perspective. Feel free to choose whichever you prefer, but insulting other people's tastes is just distasteful. Fortunately, for most gamers, enjoyment isn't just about numbers...while right now, there are about 20 retail games that I want for the Wii U, you may be able to argue "well there are going to be 100 for PS4 by the end of 2015" and all I can say to that is "good for it". How many of those will I honestly have time to play? For the majority of last gen, I only had a Wii and I loved it (still do, and I still have a few games I need to top off my collection)...Honestly, there is no defense for the ignorance you are displaying. Let people enjoy what they enjoy instead of attacking them will meaningless numbers about how wrong their opinion is.

PS @OP: This is at least the third thread on this topic, and this one is the worst one yet...congrats

Around the Network

Nintendo has by far the best exclusives of the current gen consoles. fact

I love when Nintendo does this. Mostly because the irrational flamming comments telling us ridiculous opinions like: they play safe and SMB1 is the same as NSMBU because you jump!

OP: Keep going Miyamoto. Tell them the truth.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

jcmmnx said:

You mean in every generation. Nothing comes close to the Nintendo quality.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

ToxicJosh said:
To be fair; he's not wrong.

I've not even turned my PS4 on in about a month; since Netflix stopped working on it. Whereas my Wii U is seeing more action than ever!

To be fair, you could be wrong too.

One of my friends bought a Wii U around launch, and sold it in two months. He also bought a PS4 at launch, and plays games on it everyday.

Pavolink said:
jcmmnx said:

You mean in every generation. Nothing comes close to the Nintendo quality.

That's your opinion, and while Nintendo fans would agree with you, others may not.

I dislike all Nintendo games except Pokemon, SSB and Xenoblade.