By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Just Insulted the Entire Video Game Industry

Tagged games:

GTAexpert said:

To be fair, you could be wrong too.

One of my friends bought a Wii U around launch, and sold it in two months. He also bought a PS4 at launch, and plays games on it everyday.

The Wii U launch was horrible thanks to delays that in some cases were a year over due. However, the library amassed since then is pretty f*cking amazing.

Around the Network

He thinks the other consoles have largely boring collections. I think he's wrong but I wouldn't say he's insulting the industry.

4 ≈ One

Qwark said:
fleischr said:
I cry for the peons who simply who don't experience Nintendo's awesomeness.

Like the peon who wrote:
Nintendo has simply failed to offer up anything that can be considered remotely “next-gen,”

I pitty the ones who've the Wii U as their main system instead of secondary system, in terms of library the PS4/Xone is already ahead of the Wii U, at the end of this gen the difference will be ridicelously huge. The list of 85+ awarded metascore games on either the PS4/Xone will be at least quadrupple the list of the WII U 85+ meta.

How many games does the typical console owner really own, let alone actually play? For many, I think the answer is somewhere around a dozen at the most for a very large percentage of people.

There are plenty of 80+ metacritic games for PS4, X1, and WiiU, but some matter far more to individuals than others. At some point, we really must become indifferent. For a person who really has only the time and money for one console and maybe 6-10 games, the WiiU is a perfectly great console. Same goes for PS4 and X1.

I for one care more about the games I can get now, not 1-2 YEARS down the road...

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

forest-spirit said:
I fear for the day when Miyamoto comes up with something truly insulting.

"Hey, House! Fuck you and the horse you rode in on! Imma go make a game about plant-people."

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Ka-pi96 said:

Most of the people that only buy 6-10 games though will be buying just 6-10 different versions of games like COD or FIFA or AC. So yeah.... Wii U is a pretty poor choice for all those people.

Do you have any sources to back this up or are you just making up facts?

And what's this about "only" 6-10 games? Isn't the highest attach rate for a console's lifetime something like 12 games?

People like us that actually browse gaming forums are going to think of 6-10 games as nothing, but we're skewing that attach rate. In the real world 6-10 games is a metric f*ckton for someone to buy.

Around the Network

In school, there was this nerdy kid name...uh....Flewis. He said something like "I hear his mom was a dentist." No ill intentions, mind you. Anyway, some other kid was bored and went up to the kid whose mom was a dentist (We'll call him "Darren") and said, "Flewis is talking about your mama!"

Darren was pretty stupid. Quick to jump to a conclusion without really making any attempt to find context. He felt that his beloved mother was under attack and he had to defend her honor. He walked right up to Flewis and punched him in the dick.

The whole thing could have been avoided. Anyway, the story has a happy ending. Flewis's penis grew like two times the size of the average penis and girls loved him and he owned all of the consoles and he hung out with Batman. Darren died from butt cancer.

Thank you for reading my fan fiction!!

Again one of those stupid pictures with a GamePad prototype. Why do these articles and such go out of their way to find pictures with that prototype to stuff in their stuff?! I'm finding this beyond annoying. It's eating at my soul.

And oh, stopped reading (well, skimming) after "nothing 'next-gen'" implying it's about power. Everything and everyone loses all credibility when they're ignorant of the literal definition of the word. Don't care what the article is actually about, Miyamoto was mostly right anyway.

HOW DARE HE SAY HE FEELS X1 AND PS4 LIBRARIES ARE TOO ALIKE!? I AM INSULT! WHO GAVE SHIGERU THE RIGHT TO HAVE AN OPINION!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

YES I MAD! *foams out mouth*

d21lewis said:
In school, there was this nerdy kid name...uh....Flewis. He said something like "I hear his mom was a dentist." No ill intentions, mind you. Anyway, some other kid was bored and went up to the kid whose mom was a dentist (We'll call him "Darren") and said, "Flewis is talking about your mama!"

Darren was pretty stupid. Quick to jump to a conclusion without really making any attempt to find context. He felt that his beloved mother was under attack and he had to defend her honor. He walked right up to Flewis and punched him in the dick.

The whole thing could have been avoided. Anyway, the story has a happy ending. Flewis's penis grew like two times the size of the average penis and girls loved him and he owned all of the consoles and he hung out with Batman. Darren died from butt cancer.

Thank you for reading my fan fiction!!

XD thats all I have to say!

Qwark said:

I pitty the ones who've the Wii U as their main system instead of secondary system, in terms of library the PS4/Xone is already ahead of the Wii U, at the end of this gen the difference will be ridicelously huge. The list of 85+ awarded metascore games on either the PS4/Xone will be at least quadrupple the list of the WII U 85+ meta.

Ratings creep.

Once upon a time, an average game was a 5. Since the late 90's, a 7 has been given to average or "meh" games, meaning 7 replaced 5 as middle of the road. Now 8 is replacing 7.

What I'm saying is that soon an 80 score on metacritic is going to be a crappy score given to crappy games, so of course the console with the most games that don't crash your console when you put the disk in will have more 85+ titles by the end of the generation.

That said, expect Nintendo to have the most 90+ games at the end of the generation. Even with the c@c%$#$%^$ that reduce the rating because it's Nintendo. Reminds me reviewers knocking off from MK Wii's score for "more of the same" and giving CoDMW3, essentially a map pack for MW2, perfect or near perfect scores.