By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Just Insulted the Entire Video Game Industry

Tagged games:

I cry for the peons who simply who don't experience Nintendo's awesomeness.

Like the peon who wrote:
Nintendo has simply failed to offer up anything that can be considered remotely “next-gen,”

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Everything Miyamoto said was true though.

PS4 and XB1 are racing to be all encompassing media units, but we already we already have those. It's called a PC and when the scrubs finally catch on they'll realize how bad imitator consoles are. Serviceable PCs decrease in price rapidly, Steam and similar platforms mean gamers can have access to a massive library on the cheap, and everything looks better on PC while the consoles are trying to push resolution and frame rates.

As of right now, exclusives and ease of entry are the only things keeping PS and XB brands relevant. Even then, PS4 is shitstomping XB1 WW with relative garbage for exclusives so far. With people becoming more technologically inclined as smartphones and tablets pervade daily life, it's only a matter of time until everybody starts to realize consoles really are hot garbage in comparison if they're trying to skate on multimedia and resolution.

The more familiar people become with the concepts of resolution, frames per second, and multimedia, the less appealing consoles will be over time. So every time I see Sony, MS, or any console dev talking about 1080p or 60fps like it's the absolute most important factor, I think of it as watching that jackass from the Tarzan movie cutting the vines until he hung himself. It's like a middleweight boxing champion bragging about being the baddest man on the planet, then mouthing off to 1987 Mike Tyson after an 8 ball of coke laced with gunpowder.

Nintendo is hitting some growing pains this gen, but for all the shit I give them, they're pretty damn smart. They don't need to outsell anybody as long as they're profitable. This whole event has taught them to be more self-sufficient too. They've restructured, upscaled, reached out, and built a completely new model for designing games. Their output is going to be noticeably faster than ever before going forward, to the point that they really could support themselves alone.

Also, their consoles try and do something that PCs and their little brothers of the time can't imitate. So when people realize that consoles over promise, under deliver, cost more over time, and literally do everything but exclusives worse than an easily obtained PC, Nintendo is the console that stands outside the blast radius of that Chernobyl-like situation. They've already run into it with the Smartphone so they've been working on it.

Hell, exclusives are nice and all, but the biggest movers of this gen are the multiplat games, and we've seen how quickly they will cut ties and corners for a quick buck. Look at Ubisoft, they drove their biggest franchise into the ground cutting corners. Doesn't really matter, day one it's likely made a killing. They can just advertise and spin it away, possibly blame the hardware, and still have the same mass of stooges ready to buy more garbage next year. Not even concern over the quality of their brand was enough to stop them from the pursuit of where that dollar is. If they feel the air change and think the PC is the way to go next gen Sony and MS consoles will get the same shoddy shovelware support Nintendo got.

Can we at least all agree that out of the three console makers, Nintendo is the only one that could survive a lack of third parties? With Sony and MS first parties being less numerous and geared towards AAA, 3 year production budgets and cycles, their consoles would implode.

ganoncrotch said:

^ I want the time for the first 3 paragraphs of waffling back.

I'm sorry for wasting your time with this article Ganon! ;_;

Don't be mad at me, I am a big fan of you in Super Smash Bros!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Miyamoto is doing the same thing that Reggie said. Its called "spin". They court third parties, but if they cannot get third parties they bash them and bash their competitors for having more third party games than themselves. They can try to convince people that not having third party is a plus, but its all for nothing. Pathetic really.

Next week... on game magazines...

- Miyamoto opines, starts WW3 -

EDIT: Please Understand.

Around the Network

that's funny when you consider that the primary games to play on nintendo's system are basically the same games that were the primary games on the nintendo system from 20 years ago

mario then : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLyAhoQcies

mario now : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt3Es6aQXks

donkey kong then : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hakuztODkAw

donkey knog now : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NXpd4co3B4

smash bros then : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa3DZ9BmIHw

smash bros now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZooWUk2eTQ

mario kart then : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASWgJvuQhTA

mario kart now : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8P2NfCreF4

and the sad thing is that i can keep listing examples all day

there is no other company that plays it as safe as nintendo with regards to games

go home nintendo you're drunk

Ah Nintendo your ridiculous view of the world never fails to amaze me, I've a PS4 and a WII U guess which has more game playtime already. The fanbase will agree with everything Nintendo has to say, since I've been on both sides of the fanbase I can conclude nintendroids are way more loyal and forgiving then sonyfans.
While most sony fans agree that evo f*cked up big time, the amiibo downgrade is completely acceptable for the nintendo fanbase while they bash downgrades from ubisoft and apparently two way more successful consoles .

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

The Fury said:
Jason Messer sure is full of himself. "...believe you me." and "Think about it..." - these are the words of a guy trying to convince himself as well as others.

I don't won't a Wii U but Miyamoto is right to a point. In order to stand out from competition you have to offer something different. Wii did that (controls), Xbox 360 did that (online gameplay) and PS3 did that (Blu-ray). All 3 consoles last gen gave a good run and all 3 were worth your time and money. This time around it's not the case.

Both PS4 and Xbone are paid online, same media formats, same games (for the most part), nearly the same price. There's no point in owning both. While there is a point in owning a PS4/Xbone and a Wii U. Xbone got rid of their point to stand out (Kinect), Wii U hasn't.

That is precicely why I said since the beginning that dropping Kinect will be a bad idea on the long run.

And that whole article just made me Facepalm x2 combo. I mean, that's just ignorance at it's worst. Oh, and about the must have Wii U titles according to thearticle are nonexistant: I get asked quite often for MK8, sometimes even Nintendoland and I even get asked if they may play Hyrule Warriors. Saying suchbthing would happen "south of never" on the Wii U is just pure bullcrap

fleischr said:

Like the peon who wrote:
Nintendo has simply failed to offer up anything that can be considered remotely “next-gen,”

I pitty the ones who've the Wii U as their main system instead of secondary system, in terms of library the PS4/Xone is already ahead of the Wii U, at the end of this gen the difference will be ridicelously huge. The list of 85+ awarded metascore games on either the PS4/Xone will be at least quadrupple the list of the WII U 85+ meta.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
fleischr said:

Like the peon who wrote:

I pitty the ones who've the Wii U as their main system instead of secondary system, in terms of library the PS4/Xone is already ahead of the Wii U, at the end of this gen the difference will be ridicelously huge. The list of 85+ awarded metascore games on either the PS4/Xone will be at least quadrupple the list of the WII U 85+ meta.

You can´t be serious if you think the competition has a better gaming library than the Wii U. Either that or stop taking drugs