By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Just Insulted the Entire Video Game Industry

Tagged games:

those silly companies, doing things that make business sense.

Around the Network
mofili said:
Qwark said:
fleischr said:
I cry for the peons who simply who don't experience Nintendo's awesomeness.

Like the peon who wrote:
Nintendo has simply failed to offer up anything that can be considered remotely “next-gen,”

I pitty the ones who've the Wii U as their main system instead of secondary system, in terms of library the PS4/Xone is already ahead of the Wii U, at the end of this gen the difference will be ridicelously huge. The list of 85+ awarded metascore games on either the PS4/Xone will be at least quadrupple the list of the WII U 85+ meta.

You can´t be serious if you think the competition has a better gaming library than the Wii U. Either that or stop taking drugs

Oh really where is the counter for, Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age, Watch Dogs, Diablo 3, TLOUR, GTA and Infamous Second son on the WII U. Besides Mario kart, Smash Bros U, Bayonetta 2 and 3d world it isn't all that much. And I should not even mention indies, in which department Sony kicks ass. At the end of this year the library of the PS4 is probably already better than the WII U library, which if I may remind you has been out for more than a year compared to the PS4. And if the library of the U is still a bit better after the holidays of 2015, then the PS4 library will surpass the U's library at the day bloodborne releases. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

kljesta64 said:
I dont get it.

Is this Inception ?

no, it;s mulholland drive

Anfebious said:
ganoncrotch said:

^ I want the time for the first 3 paragraphs of waffling back.

I'm sorry for wasting your time with this article Ganon! ;_;

Don't be mad at me, I am a big fan of you in Super Smash Bros!

Heh, my forum online name comes from his taunt in Melee, he just has such a big.... taunt.

He's my record in Home run contest in the new game too, 1.7km was well chuffed.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

"Nintendo has simply failed to offer up anything that can be considered remotely “next-gen,”

Just another guy, who thinks, "next-Gen" means more power.

Around the Network

"What the other companies are doing makes business sense, but it’s boring. The same games appear on every system. At Nintendo we want an environment where game creators can collaborate and think of ideas for games that could have never happened before.”

...and we're going to immediately make a Mario, Mario Kart, and Super Smash for it. Yeah, I call BS. Nintendo is likely the worst offender for the same games winding up on every system, followed by Microsoft because the Gears of Halo games aren't any different.

The Wii U is failing not because it isn't next gen, but because it launched too early. Compared to previous power differences between consoles--like the PS1 and N64, or Wii and PS3--the difference between the Wii U and a PS4 is effectively invisible. Heck, it would take a trained eye to tell the difference between a Wii U and a high end PC.

The problem was the Wii U launched first. Consumers said "I'll wait and see," and by the time competition came to market the Wii U had zero inertia.

I would call a constant barrage of mario games (albeit well made) boring but hey, it's just my opinion.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Egann said:

"What the other companies are doing makes business sense, but it’s boring. The same games appear on every system. At Nintendo we want an environment where game creators can collaborate and think of ideas for games that could have never happened before.”

...and we're going to immediately make a Mario, Mario Kart, and Super Smash for it. Yeah, I call BS. Nintendo is likely the worst offender for the same games winding up on every system, followed by Microsoft because the Gears of Halo games aren't any different.

The Wii U is failing not because it isn't next gen, but because it launched too early. Compared to previous power differences between consoles--like the PS1 and N64, or Wii and PS3--the difference between the Wii U and a PS4 is effectively invisible. Heck, it would take a trained eye to tell the difference between a Wii U and a high end PC.

The problem was the Wii U launched first. Consumers said "I'll wait and see," and by the time competition came to market the Wii U had zero inertia.

They are a business and the Wii U is profitable so explain to me how is it failing? It underdelivers compared to the Wii but i see so many people who say they are failing when in reality it´s those people themselves who have 0 idea how a business works or what failing really means

ganoncrotch said:

Heh, my forum online name comes from his taunt in Melee, he just has such a big.... taunt.

He's my record in Home run contest in the new game too, 1.7km was well chuffed.

I realized just now about the taunt... .

He is definitely the best one to do the Home Run contests! He might be low tier in the meta game but that makes him more fun to use!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I fear for the day when Miyamoto comes up with something truly insulting.