By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony’s in Trouble, Not Microsoft

Wow... that "article" would make forum fanboys feel like they're not doing enough when they see what a true fanboy can do with some good spin.

He of course has some points that if Sony goes under then the Playstation as a brand would have a harsh transition as it seperated from the dying company, that said the Playstation brand is profitable on it's own so if it was to be a seperate unrelated company I don't see it being the one to be disolved.... but I don't want to sound like a fanboy being a businessman, I'll leave that to the article writer :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Talking about sales in America as though they are reflective of the rest of the world and more important than all other territories combined? Check

Mentioning features of Xbox One like EA Access but failing to mention Shareplay, Playstation Now and Morpheus? Check

Being click bait? Check

"It’s time for video game fanboys to stop pretending to be business people"

"Sony Corp. has seemingly become reliant on the PlayStation 4 to keep its company afloat"

The irony is strong in this one.

Oh look, an american who think money made you win console war. Yeah that's why MS never won a generation.
An american who doesn't realize xbox one doesn't exist outside America. And that's the biggest market. An american who think America is the centre of the world, how odd.

Sony won't be in real trouble until Japan changes their laws and opens up Sony for takeover. Otherwise Sony can bleed and bleed money and cash in on the Bank of Japan's stimulus package. There's nothing to fear. Sony and Playstation will be around for a long time no matter what anyone says.

Around the Network
naruball said:

"Sony Corp. has seemingly become reliant on the PlayStation 4 to keep its company afloat"

Indeed. He seems to be unaware that insurance is what's keeping them afloat. I don't know where people get this idea that the gaming division is and has been the bread and butter of Sony; it is simply the one with the most public exposure and potential information range in the past two decades or so. You wanna know the funniest bit? Another user in here has stated that MS will end up in a situation where the gaming division is the only thing keeping them afloat... Just goes to show how much insight certain people have.

Mummelmann said:
naruball said:

Indeed. He seems to be unaware that insurance is what's keeping them afloat. I don't know where people get this idea that the gaming division is and has been the bread and butter of Sony; it is simply the one with the most public exposure and potential information range in the past two decades or so. You wanna know the funniest bit? Another user in here has stated that MS will end up in a situation where the gaming division is the only thing keeping them afloat... Just goes to show how much insight certain people have.

He wouldn't happen to be the same person who thought the Wii could sell 500m consoles right? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

RCTjunkie said:
Anyone have a facepalm gif I can borrow? Or a cherry-picking gif? This guys is trying really hard to make a point that is half-true at best.

Here you go, in regular

And Maximum Strength varieties

i really have no clue, who the end of this gen will look.
at start of the last gen, would have some1 predicted, that mobilephones are the biggest gaming "market" today (not Revenue, but to reach People)?

maybe we'll have an nearly all digital, one ecosystem future at that time. maybe sony can only sell to hardcore console Gamers, but not the casual audience anymore. maybe the ps5 has to use Android or apple os to compete with ms. or something completely different will happen. predict the tech market longterm is impossible. at least if u want wo be right :D

Fusioncode said:
Mummelmann said:
naruball said:

He wouldn't happen to be the same person who thought the Wii could sell 500m consoles right? 

How on earth did you know?!