By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony’s in Trouble, Not Microsoft

* in the USA.

Seriously MS is pulling out all the stops to win in the USA, meanwhile everywhere else PS4 is marching on and will outsell Xb one by huge margins in *almost* all other markets. And there's no guarantee Xb one will come out on top in the USA. What Xb one winning in the USA, by a small margin may do is prevent PS4 selling 2:1 globally. But the margin will still be massive. And I think PS4 is still a good change for >2:1 globally even with a Xb one win in the USA. The margins in all those other markets are so big.

Xb one needs the USA so it will spend big in the USA. PS4 can give a little ground in the USA and it won't hurt a bit because it has the rest of the world. MS is lucky Sony doesn't have pots of cash to throw at the USA, because if they did Sony would potentially be in a position to really bury the Xbox brand and run MS out of the console town, as it were.

The $800 million loss was all a write down, not a revenue loss, so Sony's cashflow position is OK, albeit not flush. Sony's still got problems to deal with, and I think it doesn't want to gave to give up yet another consumer electronics product so soon after having to drop PC and spin off TV. They might give it another year or so and it'll be interesting to see what they can do with that time.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:

Its clear this was written as a reactionary piece to the "xbox one is a lost cause" article.

Click bait article reacting to a click bait article, how drole

wow,people actually write articles/blogs as a reaction ,they must be a super fanboy

puts us forum dwellers to shame

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Good another xbox fan having a wet dream :-/ and instead of this one being a forum poster he has a job on a web site, so he always get to do the OP...

Are we going to get an thread every time someone write something of the sort?

Because there are tons of them, people who seem to think they have found something "special" in the XB1, people who think only MS sanctioned games are "fun" or that MS trademarked "fun" so nobody else is allowed to make "fun" games... This is not 2 or 3 exclusives this autumn that will turn the tables, maybe if Sony discontinued the PS4 there would be a chance MS catch up within a year or so, that's it, otherwise this is not happening, even if for some reason the XB1 was well placed enough to outsell the PS4 on the first week of November (in which case we will have only threads like this one for a full month).

Who knows where these PS4s are coming from. Sony has no money so how the hell are they making these PS4s?
I say withcraft.

I'm looking for the punchline but I can't seem to find it. ~_~

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Sony gets a cut of every Xbox one sold. People forget that Sony is a broad corporation. From movies, tv, life insurance videogames and technology. Sony and Microsoft are also partners in other avenues. 

iTechHeads said:
Who knows where these PS4s are coming from. Sony has no money so how the hell are they making these PS4s?
I say withcraft.

Plot Twist: Microsoft is manfacturing PS4 with their shell company of FoxConn. FoxConn is a shell so they can freely exploit works, Sony, Apple, and Microsoft are actually part of the same company, and Sony is purposely losing money so that the Japanese economy tanks. Once that is finished, The People's Republic of China, the true owners of Sapplesoft, will buy the United States easily, and the age of Buisness will commence.

#Trufacts

#Moreyouknow

#AncientAliens

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Wazowski said:
john snow knows more than the author... and he knows nothing :(

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Mummelmann said:
Interesting take? For someone to point out Sony's financial issues as a corporation and how this can affect the gaming division? Yeah, I think this is the first time I've read anything on the subject.

i honestly see Sony spining off The Playstation brand into its own company if they Company as a whole(Sony) was causing thier cash cow(playstation) to suffer.  And by Cash Cow the PS4 is actually making them money so is the ps3 at this point, the vita however well.....as much as i love mine i hardly ever see anyone with one or know anyone with one.

MS marketing team AT FULL SPEED TURBO POWER!!!