By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: MCC review thread! UPDATE: Reviews incoming - 87 metascore so far

Only at 17 reviews so far though right? Score could go either way.

Around the Network
Azerth said:
My issue is the content of reviews. Docking points for not having odst and reach, for being tired of shooters, and for being a time sink are stupid reasons to deduct points for

Wait.. Did reviewers really dock points because MCC doesn't have Reach and ODST? -__-

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

kupomogli said:
kowenicki said:

I know, I was looking at the Vita port debacle.

But that getting 91 is even more reason why this is harsh imo... as illustrated by someone else earlier.

The Vita version received a 73, deservedly so with all the framerate issues.  The PS3 version received a 91.

I know... I quoted it by mistake.  I didnt intend to use it as evidence.

But as I said, the 91 for the ps3 version strehgthens many peoples arguments here.

I'm not really here!

AZWification said:
Azerth said:
My issue is the content of reviews. Docking points for not having odst and reach, for being tired of shooters, and for being a time sink are stupid reasons to deduct points for

Wait.. Did reviewers really dock points because MCC doesn't have Reach and ODST? -__-

Yup

Azerth said:
AZWification said:
Azerth said:

Yup

Seriously!? For not getting SIX full games for $60?  I don't know what to say.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
kupomogli said:
kowenicki said:

I know, I was looking at the Vita port debacle.

But that getting 91 is even more reason why this is harsh imo... as illustrated by someone else earlier.

The Vita version received a 73, deservedly so with all the framerate issues.  The PS3 version received a 91.

I know... I quoted it by mistake.  I didnt intend to use it as evidence.

But as I said, the 91 for the ps3 version strehgthens many peoples arguments here.

Not quite, since most of the Halo games are much older than GoW was back then. 

I mean GoW I and II reviewed in the 93-94 range but the collection got a meta that was lower than the "sum of its parts" by 2-3 points.  The games were quite recent at the time.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

prinz_valium said:
btw: i will just stop for now and wait for next year to see how ratchet and clank redux will score, before i imply any bias

Eh, you really think it can possibly review in the 90+ range? Given Insomniac's track record I'd be more worried that it reviews way below what it should get.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

"Single-player feels dated..."

What the hell did you expect when you are playing a remaster of a decade old franchise?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

does it matter.... I pre-order this game at the Canadian inflated price $69.99 three week ago.

I broke my scaphoid playing hockey and I had to get a cast for 8-12 week this was early October. I went in for a check up and doctor gave me the option of surgery, he said often time scaphoid doesn't heal well and part of the benefit it's out of the cast sooner. I ask him when would the cast come off with Surgery...... he told me November 11 :) Surgery it is :)

Only 4 more days to go till I get this partial splint off and can play some HALO.

90+ metacritic is my prediction

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

Azerth said:

dated gameplay could be a good reason no?

yeah most of the these reviewers are tired of FPS.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)