By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: MCC review thread! UPDATE: Reviews incoming - 87 metascore so far

AZWification said:
Azerth said:
My issue is the content of reviews. Docking points for not having odst and reach, for being tired of shooters, and for being a time sink are stupid reasons to deduct points for

Wait.. Did reviewers really dock points because MCC doesn't have Reach and ODST? -__-

Not only that, the same review docks points for the game being too much of a time sink. Basically complaining that it both has too much content and not enough in the same review and docking points for each and on top of that complaining that he is tired of shooters. Great professional review.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Awesome reviews.

Not sure if I wanna buy this or Sunset.

Just finished Sunset yesterday and the game is just pure awesomeness... I hope they will come out with a second one :)
But I''m dying to play Halo from 1 to 4 on my Xbox One next week!

d21lewis said:
Azerth said:

Yup

Seriously!? For not getting SIX full games for $60?  I don't know what to say.

Yeah... Plus, ODST and Reach aren't even considered Master Cheif Halo games.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

ethomaz said:
Tachikoma said:

Halo 1 - 97
Halo 2 - 95
Halo 3 - 94
Halo 4 - 87
Halo 1-4, all upgraded, all the multiplayer maps all graphically updated andrunning at better framerates and resolutions on a much better server platform than they originally did - 87.

How does this make sense, at all? How can you take three games all over 94, a forth that got 87, strap them all together with updates, upgrades and better performance, and ship them as one complete package for the price of a single game, and still only get 87?

I don't even like xbox, and I actually don't particularly like the Halo series either, but this is bullshit.

Ask anybody to reviews these olds games again to see if they will receive the same score... gameplay evolutes over the years... games made in 2000 didn't play well compared with games made in 2010.

Ocarine of Time won't be rated 98 today too.

The core gameplay is dated.

Well the 3D version got 94 on metactric last year?

Scientificreason said:

Sigh.. It is not a fact one has a better lines at all.... If you ignore Indies and games that came out outside of fall maybe.  Power is fact,  games are subjective.  Again with the console war crap. Ms had a big drought after Titan fall and had another one early 2015. Ps4 lines matches x1 easily. 

People keep ignoring lbp a series with over a 90 met and 9 million in sales. 

And up until this point and likely continuing the slight difference in power has meant almost nothing other then pissing contests for fanboys. Most people couldnt tell the difference.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
ethomaz said:
Tachikoma said:

Halo 1 - 97
Halo 2 - 95
Halo 3 - 94
Halo 4 - 87
Halo 1-4, all upgraded, all the multiplayer maps all graphically updated andrunning at better framerates and resolutions on a much better server platform than they originally did - 87.

How does this make sense, at all? How can you take three games all over 94, a forth that got 87, strap them all together with updates, upgrades and better performance, and ship them as one complete package for the price of a single game, and still only get 87?

I don't even like xbox, and I actually don't particularly like the Halo series either, but this is bullshit.

Ask anybody to reviews these olds games again to see if they will receive the same score... gameplay evolutes over the years... games made in 2000 didn't play well compared with games made in 2010.

Ocarine of Time won't be rated 98 today too.

The core gameplay is dated.

Well the 3D version got 94 on metactric last year?

It's on handheld so graphics and a few other issues are not present. Also, 94 is a lot different than 99.

Those are some pretty awesome scores it's been getting so far, Wondering who is going to be the first site to give it a ridiculously low score to try to get hits.... you can feel it coming.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

88 is really good. Highest rated Xbox One game thus far I think.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

So we should review all games coming out now to the standard of the year 2020 and then when 2020 comes, we can easily compare all the games released up until that point on the same scale! Anything after 2020 we can review using 2030's standards and do it all over again.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Lol. I'm very excited for MCC but all of the games have already been released soooooo not really caring about the Meta....

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros