By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X - Nintendo Direct Footage 11.5.2014

curl-6 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

OK, might be safe now...

So, people. How can you say that there's no downgrade and that X is magnificient? Just... look

You went out of your way to find the worst images you could.

I took the pics from the freakin' Direct, which is how the game is in its final stages of development. I guess you took that gif from E3 TreeHouse, maybe the game has just been downgraded further since?

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
curl-6 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

OK, might be safe now...

So, people. How can you say that there's no downgrade and that X is magnificient? Just... look

I took the pics from the freakin' Direct, which is how the game is in its final stages of development. I guess you took that gif from E3 TreeHouse, maybe the game has just been downgraded further since?

The gif I used is taken from yesterday's Direct, that scene wasn't even shown at E3.

curl-6 said:
megafenix said:
curl-6 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

OK, might be safe now...

Admittedly, Nintendo haven't released any good quality native resolution images yet, but even with compressed pics, this looks fantastic to me:

agree, although i wont deny ffXV has better graphics and uns in 1080p 60fps, but even so i prefer xenoblade due to the details of the environment, FFXV fileds look plane and empty and seems like they try to disguise it by using repetitive grass and tree assets

Uh, why did you post you post a picture of Wind Waker HD?

i just couldnt resists, that guy seems to like cartoony games so i just posted one of wii u, although i forgot to put captain toad

or maybe i misunderstood him and he actually was trying to mean other thing,haha

I'm thinking nintendo isn't sure if the western release date will be late first half of 2015 or early second half. that's why they just said 2015, even though japan gets it in spring.

ryuzaki57 said:
curl-6 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

OK, might be safe now...

you used pictures that didn't share comparable elements with each other.

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:

Dang localization. It mays you grateful how serious GameFreak tries to get their game localized not only in the US, but in Europe and Korea and ready for an almost worldwide release. But I guess Pokemon games have a simple story and way less NPCs than X will have.

Pokemon has loads of texts. I'm not sure it has less NPCs, in the cities and all over the map loads of NPCs are standing or walking around and everyone has text. That aren't only the ones that are needed for the story. Additional to that you have all the texts to the Pokemon, every entry in the Pokedex. More importantly many texts are indicating some hard statistics in the game, like the attack is 'very effective', that has to be consistent in all occurences. Even more, you will keep some translations consistent with earlier releases. It would be bad if a Pokemon gets a new name in  a new release, because it had a different translator. Pokemon is probably among the worst regarding to localization. The only positive thing is no voice acting.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Am I the only one who cares more about the story and gameplay than graphical prowess? I wish they'd show off some smaller enemies already. It seems like everything we've seen thus far has been gigantic and on the level of Unique Enemy (or whatever we called them in XBC) level. Maybe that's countered by the mobile suits that seem readily available for use in out in the field.

the_dengle said:
ryuzaki57 said:

OK, might be safe now...

Wow, what a downgrade.

Zero is gone, you can stop now.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Game seems to have some good looking parts and some very ugly parts. 

It's not very fair to expect a lot of polish considering the type of game and the developer.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
the_dengle said:
ryuzaki57 said:

OK, might be safe now...

Wow, what a downgrade.

Zero is gone, you can stop now.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Game seems to have some good looking parts and some very ugly parts. 

It's not very fair to expect a lot of polish considering the type of game and the developer.

he is being sarcastic but with a good reason, it doesnt take much effort for your eyes to tell that the second image has more detailed graphical assets like the water refractions, the landscapes look more detaield and also the mountains look more rocky; in other words, we can see that the game has been graphically updated rather than being downgraded

outlawauron said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Game seems to have some good looking parts and some very ugly parts

Just like Xenoblade. Now the ugly parts are just less ugly. Whether or not the good looking parts are better looking seems to depend on who you ask, but I think we just need to see more of the game first. The opening area does look "better" than everything between Colony 9 and Colony 6 (first 15-20% of the story), but it's not easily comparable to most of the new areas you visit after that.

As for the bottom comment I agree. Well, assuming you're talking about visual polish, which I think you are.

Anyway, in another thread Ryuzaki admitted that the game was never downgraded and has simply had "bad graphics from the start." This is a compromise I'm willing to accept. I always thought Xenoblade was an eyesore even compared to its Wii contemporaries. Although looking at Xenoblade X is like breathing clean air after being trapped in a smokey room for two years, I never doubted that many people would be unable to agree with the design choices that lead to the game looking "ugly," such as low-poly character models, low-res textures, outrageous amounts of pop-in, awkward rigging and animations, and generally poor quality assets, such as the grass. And these are only the things I notice, I can't imagine what people who actually pay attention to jaggies and lighting and other stuff see when they look at the game.

Ironically, Ryuzaki was moderated for saying the game has bad graphics, even though I find that statement far less objectionable than saying a game has been visually downgraded without explaining why he thinks so, when the game obviously hasn't been. Something else I find strange is that his moderated comment was made before his comment in this thread about the game being downgraded. Maybe after being moderated for saying the game has bad graphics, he thought he must have been right in the first place to say that it has been downgraded, since he wasn't reprimanded for that stance.