By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - "10 Hours of Walking In NYC As a Woman "

NightDragon83 said:

I saw this video making the rounds earlier in the week on all major news networks and websites, and while all the people who support the video say it proves just how hard women have it today and how much they are "harassed" on a daily basis, I and many more people took away something entirely different from the video...

95% of the men "harassing" the woman in the video are black / brown men, who are usually just hanging around on street corners or outside of convenience stores during the middle of the day. Take from that what you will.

so your point is that black men are more sexually expressive than other races?

is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Around the Network
osed125 said:

Why was everyone black?

Everyone was not black.

o_O.Q said:
teigaga said:

Saying good morning because your a sociable human being and saying hi because you wanna F someone is not the same. There is much sexual context in the video people are blatantly ignoring. They are objectifying her and she has the right to not want that attention constantly being thrown at her. 

Is pursuing someone because you want to have sex with them wrong?

i can't agree with you on the objectification bit wanting to have sex with someone does not mean that you disregard their mental and spiritual aspects

and honestly the whole notion about objectification is very one sided

it is almost exclusively used to demonise male sexual desire

however, when we have people go to war to die for ridiculous lies that is far far worse because we are regarding them as objects to die for our safety

and somehow i never hear about how objectified soldiers are

Theres nothing inherently ''wrong'' with any of it, especially the idea of objectifying someone. But its completely understandable that someone may not want to constantly be confronted by other peoples sexual desires towards them. Its specifically unwanted in this context. A lot of these guys aren't eveb making legit advances, they're just making these passing comments because they like they need to make their impressions known but sometimes its best to keep that yourself because its not wanted.

To flip the switch: would anyone be surprised if a straight male was grossed out and felt uncomfortable being hit on by another guy as he walked down the street? Or if there was a host of throw away comments being made by other males who you knew were only greeting you because they think you're hot? You may personally not mind, but I don't think we would be having a debate if another straight would say it made him feel uncomfortable.

The conversation shouldn't be framed from an angle that every guy in the vid commited some horrible act or that men should never approach a stranger they're attracted to, but we do need to acknowledge that its not always a comfortable experience and some of the men clearly acted inappropriately.

I don't have any doubts it can be annoying to be a good looking girl at times, but would they rather be

A) An unattractive girl that gets no attention from men.

or

B) A man who basically has to "audition" for women, as women do basically choose who they date and not the other way around.

I doubt it. Women hold the primary power in the relationship/sex side. Men have to prove themselves to women first, not the other way around.

Granted I'm not saying that there are legitimate guys who are full-on creeps (stalkers). But still, a good looking girl doesn't have to do anything to find a good guy. She literally has guys "auditioning" for her constantly, and ladies it isn't easy to go out and approach a woman just from out of the cold. For most guys it's terrifying at first, but guys have to do that, because fat chance a woman will make the first move unless as a guy you look like a model.

osed125 said:

Why was everyone black?

The video makers said that there were a variety of races but these incidents were the most vocal and easily discerned. I'm sure if she was on a street with tons of hot shot bankers or dude bros they'd be a ton of white guys on here too.

Around the Network
pepharytheworm said:
osed125 said:

Why was everyone black?

Everyone was not black.

The two guys that did the only real harrassement by following her around were.

I think this is kind of a New York thing too to be honest ... people don't behave like that in any regular city IMO.

Is it a racial thing? Maybe, I dunno. Perhaps black/latin guys tend to be more vocal when they see a girl they like, white/asian/indian guys tend to be more quiet/passive when they see a girl they like (not that this is the greatest thing either). 

teigaga said:

Theres nothing inherently ''wrong'' with any of it, especially the idea of objectifying someone. But its completely understandable that someone may not want to constantly be confronted by other peoples sexual desires towards them. Its specifically unwanted in this context. A lot of these guys aren't eveb making legit advances, they're just making these passing comments because they like they need to make their impressions known but sometimes its best to keep that yourself because its not wanted.

To flip the switch: would anyone be surprised if a straight male was grossed out and felt uncomfortable being hit on by another guy as he walked down the street? Or if there was a host of throw away comments being made by other males who you knew were only greeting you because they think you're hot? You may personally not mind, but I don't think we would be having a debate if another straight would say it made him feel uncomfortable.

The conversation shouldn't be framed from an angle that every guy in the vid commited some horrible act or that men should never approach a stranger they're attracted to, but we do need to acknowledge that its not always a comfortable experience and some of the men clearly acted inappropriately.

yeah i understand where you are coming from, however, it would be difficult for men to guess what's going on in the females mind and determine from that if their approach is going to be appreciated or not

although women do provide cues sometimes when they find a guy attractive and want him to start something so i suppose it could be said that guys should just wait until they see these cues

i guess guys who aren't attractive are pretty much fucked in this case though lol

AnthonyW86 said:
pepharytheworm said:
osed125 said:

Why was everyone black?

Everyone was not black.

The two guys that did the only real harrassement by following her around were.

so what is your conclusion?

Thats why the great invention of Tinder excist... Forget outside.. With potential harrasment lawsuits for saying hi.. Tinder is how we meet new persons nowadays.. Sorry for the old fashioned people who try to meet nice new persons outside but that is over..

I would have swiped her away btw

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)