By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just swapped my PS4 for an Xbox One.

jlmurph2 said:
Mr_No said:
errorpwns said:
Darc Requiem said:
Why do people make threads like this to begin with? These threads and the "Convince me to by..." threads just seem like flame bait.

Why do Sony fans chill in the Microsoft forum if they're going to be easily offended at Microsoft related post? Seriously. This wasn't posted in the Sony thread. Everything here is factal. OP physically swapped his PS4 for an XboxOne.  I'm a PC gamer so you don't see me hanging out in the Sony thread bashing any possible "I sold my PC and got a PS4" post. Just logic is all. If this was in any section but Microsoft it might be flamebaiting, but it's in the proper forum. Where mainly Microsoft fans should be anyways. Not Sony fans looking to cry offended.

Wouldn't it be better if instead of making the thread, that he would post a comment on the Xbox Empire thread? It would certainely receive more coverage and all of this would've been avoided.

Only several people who own Xbox Ones here are actually in the Empire thread. Putting this in the hot topics gives him the opportunity to get more friends. Since when was it wrong for people to make threads about getting a new console?

There's nothing wrong with it, but it's incredibly naive to think it wouldn't get a reaction like this don't you think?

Around the Network

Good for you. Looking for some sympathy here? I don't know why you would need reassurance of your purchase, you like what you like.

sully1311 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Mr_No said:

Wouldn't it be better if instead of making the thread, that he would post a comment on the Xbox Empire thread? It would certainely receive more coverage and all of this would've been avoided.

Only several people who own Xbox Ones here are actually in the Empire thread. Putting this in the hot topics gives him the opportunity to get more friends. Since when was it wrong for people to make threads about getting a new console?

There's nothing wrong with it, but it's incredibly naive to think it wouldn't get a reaction like this don't you think?

Their problem not his. People shouldnt have to spend their time analyzing everything they say in case it might annoy the more easily annoyed members of any particular fanbase. Im against straight out trolling but there is nothing wrong with what he did.

sully1311 said:
jlmurph2 said:

A reaction of people repeatedly accusing the OP of lying? Bringing a radical fanboy alt in the mix and making this thread almost 300 posts? No, its not naive to think it wouldn't get this reaction. People make threads like this every week.

jlmurph2 said:
sully1311 said:
jlmurph2 said:

A reaction of people repeatedly accusing the OP of lying? Bringing a radical fanboy alt in the mix and making this thread almost 300 posts? No, its not naive to think it wouldn't get this reaction. People make threads like this every week.

There was only a couple of those. I'm on about the people who said he should of kept the PS4.

Around the Network
sully1311 said:
jlmurph2 said:

There was only a couple of those. I'm on about the people who said he should of kept the PS4.

It says he swapped his PS4 for an Xbox One because he prefers the exclusives being offered. Saying he should have kept the PS4 is the same as saying he shouldn't have gotten an Xbox One. There's also the constant trolling in this thread that's had to be moderated.

jlmurph2 said:
Mr_No said:

I never said it was wrong. But he was careless with the thread title wording. If his intention was only to say he got an Xbox One and ask people to add him, he could've said it so. Who needs to know he gave away his PS4? No one. People in here can get pretty irked for things like that, so everyone needs to know not to make a baity title. It's on the rules. The title could've gone like "Just got an Xbox One!" and the gamertag on the OP, for anyone who wants to add him. And yes, this thread is a Microsoft discussion. Why add PS4 in the title of the thread? Just some constructive criticism.

Mr_No said:
jlmurph2 said:
Mr_No said:

I never said it was wrong. But he was careless with the thread title wording. If his intention was only to say he got an Xbox One and ask people to add him, he could've said it so. Who needs to know he gave away his PS4? No one. People in here can get pretty irked for things like that, so everyone needs to know not to make a baity title. It's on the rules. The title could've gone like "Just got an Xbox One!" and the gamertag on the OP, for anyone who wants to add him. And yes, this thread is a Microsoft discussion. Why add PS4 in the title of the thread? Just some constructive criticism.

Anyone looking for him on PS4 can know that now he doesn't have it anymore. Also, he's telling how he got his Xbox One. 

Congrats. I mostly play Diablo and Titanfall nowadays, though I will switch to Calls of Doody for awhile starting tonight. Add me:

Cpt RonCodpiece

My condolences...

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Hunting Season is done...