By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just swapped my PS4 for an Xbox One.

jlmurph2 said:
sully1311 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Only several people who own Xbox Ones here are actually in the Empire thread. Putting this in the hot topics gives him the opportunity to get more friends. Since when was it wrong for people to make threads about getting a new console?

There's nothing wrong with it, but it's incredibly naive to think it wouldn't get a reaction like this don't you think?

A reaction of people repeatedly accusing the OP of lying? Bringing a radical fanboy alt in the mix and making this thread almost 300 posts? No, its not naive to think it wouldn't get this reaction. People make threads like this every week.

There was only a couple of those. I'm on about the people who said he should of kept the PS4.

Around the Network
sully1311 said:
jlmurph2 said:

A reaction of people repeatedly accusing the OP of lying? Bringing a radical fanboy alt in the mix and making this thread almost 300 posts? No, its not naive to think it wouldn't get this reaction. People make threads like this every week.

There was only a couple of those. I'm on about the people who said he should of kept the PS4.

It says he swapped his PS4 for an Xbox One because he prefers the exclusives being offered. Saying he should have kept the PS4 is the same as saying he shouldn't have gotten an Xbox One. There's also the constant trolling in this thread that's had to be moderated.

jlmurph2 said:
Mr_No said:

Wouldn't it be better if instead of making the thread, that he would post a comment on the Xbox Empire thread? It would certainely receive more coverage and all of this would've been avoided.

Only several people who own Xbox Ones here are actually in the Empire thread. Putting this in the hot topics gives him the opportunity to get more friends. Since when was it wrong for people to make threads about getting a new console?

I never said it was wrong. But he was careless with the thread title wording. If his intention was only to say he got an Xbox One and ask people to add him, he could've said it so. Who needs to know he gave away his PS4? No one. People in here can get pretty irked for things like that, so everyone needs to know not to make a baity title. It's on the rules. The title could've gone like "Just got an Xbox One!" and the gamertag on the OP, for anyone who wants to add him. And yes, this thread is a Microsoft discussion. Why add PS4 in the title of the thread? Just some constructive criticism.

Mr_No said:
jlmurph2 said:
Mr_No said:

Wouldn't it be better if instead of making the thread, that he would post a comment on the Xbox Empire thread? It would certainely receive more coverage and all of this would've been avoided.

I never said it was wrong. But he was careless with the thread title wording. If his intention was only to say he got an Xbox One and ask people to add him, he could've said it so. Who needs to know he gave away his PS4? No one. People in here can get pretty irked for things like that, so everyone needs to know not to make a baity title. It's on the rules. The title could've gone like "Just got an Xbox One!" and the gamertag on the OP, for anyone who wants to add him. And yes, this thread is a Microsoft discussion. Why add PS4 in the title of the thread? Just some constructive criticism.

Anyone looking for him on PS4 can know that now he doesn't have it anymore. Also, he's telling how he got his Xbox One. 

Congrats. I mostly play Diablo and Titanfall nowadays, though I will switch to Calls of Doody for awhile starting tonight. Add me:

Cpt RonCodpiece

Around the Network

My condolences...

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Hunting Season is done...

Mr_No said:

Because he presumably used the money he got from the ps4 to buy an xboxone? Its part of getting the xbox so it can be a part of the title too.

keroncoward said:

Send a request to me too. Gamer tag: NineEther999

done

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Immersiveunreality said:
Mr_No said:

Because he presumably used the money he got from the ps4 to buy an xboxone? Its part of getting the xbox so it can be a part of the title too.

That is a fact; the PS4 facilitated the purchase of the X1. Again, this is a Microsoft Discussion and the PS4 name on the title is not needed. There is no need to know what he did to buy it.

I think this doesn't need to drag on. I don't condone what either side did, but all of this could've been avoided.

Wow I think this thread really got a lot of people upset. Did you killed their dog along with this transaction?

Seems like some fans aren't ready to hear some people put their games preference before console brands. In the end it's all about the games you like, you should always buy the console that has games you like and no one should insult you because you do so.

Thread title has nothing to do with the behavior of some people in here. He would've said how he got his X1 in a comment and people would hate on him anyway... people should learn to let things go and care more about what they like and less about what they hate.