By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just swapped my PS4 for an Xbox One.

BreedinBull said:
Conegamer said:
Already this thread has had several borderline posts. Enough of it. Next one will be given a ban so be more careful in future.

OT: Enjoy your Xbox One!

Thread title is borderline. I just got an X1 would have sufficed. The title is just put like so to try to bait the more extreme. Stomping on them at first sight instead of just changing the title seems like much more work, and does look questionable too. Bet if someone made a thread right this minute, titled, just traded my X1 for a PS4, it would be shut down immediately for some bogus reason. Don't make me prove myself right ;)

Pretty sure that threads been made a few times and was never shut down immediately.

Seriously people it doesn't make your PS4s any worse if someone decides they don't like it. The OP obviously feels better about owning an X1 and thats all that really matters to anybody.

Around the Network
Blob said:
BreedinBull said:
Conegamer said:
Already this thread has had several borderline posts. Enough of it. Next one will be given a ban so be more careful in future.

OT: Enjoy your Xbox One!

Thread title is borderline. I just got an X1 would have sufficed. The title is just put like so to try to bait the more extreme. Stomping on them at first sight instead of just changing the title seems like much more work, and does look questionable too. Bet if someone made a thread right this minute, titled, just traded my X1 for a PS4, it would be shut down immediately for some bogus reason. Don't make me prove myself right ;)

Pretty sure that threads been made a few times and was never shut down immediately.

Seriously people it doesn't make your PS4s any worse if someone decides they don't like it. The OP obviously feels better about owning an X1 and thats all that really matters to anybody.

Exactly. It's not ike OP posted his thread in the Sony forum. He posted it in the Microsoft section. The appropriate place. 

errorpwns said:
Darc Requiem said:
Why do people make threads like this to begin with? These threads and the "Convince me to by..." threads just seem like flame bait.

Why do Sony fans chill in the Microsoft forum if they're going to be easily offended at Microsoft related post? Seriously. This wasn't posted in the Sony thread. Everything here is factal. OP physically swapped his PS4 for an XboxOne.  I'm a PC gamer so you don't see me hanging out in the Sony thread bashing any possible "I sold my PC and got a PS4" post. Just logic is all. If this was in any section but Microsoft it might be flamebaiting, but it's in the proper forum. Where mainly Microsoft fans should be anyways. Not Sony fans looking to cry offended.

Wouldn't it be better if instead of making the thread, that he would post a comment on the Xbox Empire thread? It would certainely receive more coverage and all of this would've been avoided.

errorpwns said:

Why do Sony fans chill in the Microsoft forum if they're going to be easily offended at Microsoft related post? Seriously. This wasn't posted in the Sony thread. Everything here is factal. OP physically swapped his PS4 for an XboxOne.  I'm a PC gamer so you don't see me hanging out in the Sony thread bashing any possible "I sold my PC and got a PS4" post. Just logic is all. If this was in any section but Microsoft it might be flamebaiting, but it's in the proper forum. Where mainly Microsoft fans should be anyways. Not Sony fans looking to cry offended.

Yeah i dont get why we just all cant belong to the same group that is called gamers instead of acting all territorial in so much seperated groups.

I do think youre wrong with targeting only sony fans as its common with most fanbases.Allthough sony fans might stand out because the playerbase is bigger this time around :)

Locknuts said:
chapset said:
IMO short term the X1 is the way to go but long term you will regret this and when that day comes I'll be here to laugh at you, you foooooooooooooooooooooooooooool mouhahahahahahaha, also add me XoXcanadianboyXoX

Hey I couldn't find you....

oh right don't own any consoles lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
errorpwns said:
Darc Requiem said:
Why do people make threads like this to begin with? These threads and the "Convince me to by..." threads just seem like flame bait.

Wouldn't it be better if instead of making the thread, that he would post a comment on the Xbox Empire thread? It would certainely receive more coverage and all of this would've been avoided.

Only several people who own Xbox Ones here are actually in the Empire thread. Putting this in the hot topics gives him the opportunity to get more friends. Since when was it wrong for people to make threads about getting a new console?

jlmurph2 said:
Mr_No said:
errorpwns said:
Darc Requiem said:

Only several people who own Xbox Ones here are actually in the Empire thread. Putting this in the hot topics gives him the opportunity to get more friends. Since when was it wrong for people to make threads about getting a new console?

There's nothing wrong with it, but it's incredibly naive to think it wouldn't get a reaction like this don't you think?

Good for you. Looking for some sympathy here? I don't know why you would need reassurance of your purchase, you like what you like.

sully1311 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Mr_No said:

There's nothing wrong with it, but it's incredibly naive to think it wouldn't get a reaction like this don't you think?

Their problem not his. People shouldnt have to spend their time analyzing everything they say in case it might annoy the more easily annoyed members of any particular fanbase. Im against straight out trolling but there is nothing wrong with what he did.

sully1311 said:
jlmurph2 said:

A reaction of people repeatedly accusing the OP of lying? Bringing a radical fanboy alt in the mix and making this thread almost 300 posts? No, its not naive to think it wouldn't get this reaction. People make threads like this every week.