By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October Sales battle: Bayonetta 2 vs Sunset Overdrive

Tagged games:

Who sells more?

Bayonetta 2 156 49.37%

Sunset Overdrive 159 50.32%

Total:315

I wouldn't call Bayonetta 2 a money hat.

I want Bayonetta 2 to do amazing but Sunset Overdrive will likely do better because it's a shooter. It's sad but that's gaming today, even though just beneath the "unique" visuals of SO it's a lackluster shooter it's capable of beating out a GOTY contender.

Around the Network

SSOD will win this one just because XB1 players are more welcoming to different type of games and actually buy them. Going to make about 300k fw and keep the momentum going with good legs until christmas. May reach like 800k or more by the end of the year.

Bayo 2 will have a decent first week, but it will fail to have legs. Probably going to do 250-300 fw and then decline substantially.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

October Bayonetta.
Lifetime i dont know.

Bayo 2, but just barely.

Sunset Overdrive will most likely sell more.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

How are they moneyhatted in either case?

Definitely Sunset IMO. I don't think either will pass 1m very easily but I think sunset will benefit from the more active Xbox userbase and being pushed by MS . Outside of Mario titles what was the last Wii U game that done well? Pikmin 3?

Hard to say. But I find it incredibly unlikely that either will come anywhere near 1 million lifetime. The last R&C game on PS3 managed about 1.8 million on a vastly bigger installed base and Insomniac has never made their name on the Xbox before and Bayonetta 2 will quite clearly be a dud globally, not only going by pre-orders but it has also disappeared off of the Japanese top 30 after a mere month (likely selling around 1k or so by now) and is launching on a console with a majority installed base that is very unlikely to respond well to such a title (despite forum dwellers saying they will buy it in droves).

If I had to pick one; I think SO might win this battle, but only by 50-100k or so.

Sunset Overdrive I guess, don't expect either to sell that great either way though.

+1 for better marketing for sunset overdrive... im pretty sure i saw a tv commercial for it