By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October Sales battle: Bayonetta 2 vs Sunset Overdrive

Tagged games:

Who sells more?

Bayonetta 2 156 49.37%

Sunset Overdrive 159 50.32%

Total:315

Bayo2 will "win" the same way Destiny XB1 "won" over Destiny PS4. The bundled SO will put more copies of that game in gamers' hands, but Bayo2 will have more physical sales.

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
CGI-Quality said:
I wouldn't call Bayonetta 2 a "money-hat", given that it wouldn't even exist without Nintendo's backing. I don't know the word on Sunset, however.

In regards to the topic, I expect Sunset Overdrive to win this one, even if by a hair.

It could very well have existed if Sega had manned up and taken responsibility for its publishing as they did with the first one. If that wasn't an option it could have been kickstarted because the fanbase is loyal. 

So don't tell me it wouldn't have existed without Nintendo. It got money hatted, end of story. 

Neither one was moneyhatted. They were funded. Without Nintendo and MS neither game would be getting made.

A moneyhat would be Rise of the Tomb Raider or Destiny in Japan. The games were already being made, money was just given to get that game on a certain platform.

reggin_bolas said:
CGI-Quality said:
I wouldn't call Bayonetta 2 a "money-hat", given that it wouldn't even exist without Nintendo's backing. I don't know the word on Sunset, however.

In regards to the topic, I expect Sunset Overdrive to win this one, even if by a hair.

It could very well have existed if Sega had manned up and taken responsibility for its publishing as they did with the first one. If that wasn't an option it could have been kickstarted because the fanbase is loyal. 

So don't tell me it wouldn't have existed without Nintendo. It got money hatted, end of story. 

lol what? You sound mad that Nintendo brought it back to life, without Nintendo there was No Bayo2.