By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October Sales battle: Bayonetta 2 vs Sunset Overdrive

Tagged games:

Who sells more?

Bayonetta 2 156 49.37%

Sunset Overdrive 159 50.32%

Total:315

If I had to guess, I'd say that Bayonetta 2 out-performs Sunset Overdrive initially but drops behind lifetime. I'm expecting most of Bayonetta's prospective audience to buy it Day One. The Xbox One, on the other hand, should keep adding customers who would be interested in Sunset Overdrive.

Basically, I guesstimate the total of present and future Nintendo owners who are interested in something like Bayonetta to be much less than the total of present and future Xbox One owners who are interested in something like Sunset Overdrive.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see SO end up as a free game, though, so who knows?

Around the Network

Bayo2 will be the better game, but if Sunset is plastering ads everywhere it will sell more.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I see sunset overdrive commercials all the time in australia. So i'll go with Sunset.

Well, based on amazon recent rankings, I'm expecting a better first week for bayonetta 2. As for end of October, it could go either way.

I sincerely hope these both do well. These mid level games (not AAA and not 15 dollar downloadables) are what SHOULD be the heart of the industry, and they're a dying breed.

Around the Network

Bayonetta2 will most likely sell 800k-1mil life time.

Sunset Overdrive, if it get reviews above 8, will most likely sell 1mil++

So Sunset Overdrive.

More people will be waiting to buy Bayo 2 week one, I would say. If Sunset OD ever does pass Bayo 2 LT, it won't be in these first couple weeks. I would be overjoyed if they both did unexpectedly well and were great games.

I think sunset overdrive
you should add Japan for Bayonetta 2 (+)

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

This is a hard one, i expect both to sell quite poorly but i think Bayonetta 2 to just win October but Sunset OD to win lifetime.

Bayonetta is a Platinum game. Nuff said.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.