By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii games on WiiU look like HD remakes.

Tagged games:

Wii games on WiiU ?

They look great. 60 62.50%

They look like crap. 16 16.67%

I donĀ“t care. 20 20.83%

Total:96
hinch said:
kupomogli said:
Wii U doesn't do upscaling?

Nope.

To OP, its probably because of the Wii U's HDMI (digital) connection vs Wii's standard composite-out (or component) to why the picture looks a lot better/cleaner.

Weak.

Around the Network

Playing Wii over component cables the games always looked good to me. Now in Wii Mode over HDMI it looks about the same. The difference, provided you were using component, really depends on how your TV interpreted analog signals. HDMI is always pixel perfect, kinda boring that way actually.

Bottom line, when playing the original Wii, use these babies:

Honestly didn't notice the difference. However, based on what people are saying, that's probably because I used the good old component cables with the Wii. Now those things made a real nice difference. Galaxy 2 with component cables was honestly one of the most gorgeous games of the last generation on any console. (obviously not from a technical standpoint but from just a pleasing to the eye standpoint)

WagnerPaiva said:
zippy said:
Im currently playing Mario galaxy 2 on my Wii U, what a lovely looking game.

I am searching for any of the Gallaxy or Zelda games on stores to play on my WiiU, I bet they will look and play awesome.

twilight princess looked terrible on my 50 inch tv. honestly it makes.no differance playing on wii u unless its on gamepad then its gonna look better cos on smaller screen

I'm pretty sure that Wii games on the Gamepad look quite a bit better, but I doubt they look much better on an actual TV.

Around the Network

It upscales the resolution, but texture quality and jaggies stay

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

archer9234 said:

Yes it does. When I go into Wii Mode. My TV is running in 1080p. My TV doesn't have a built in scaler. 

A 1080p TV with HDMI ports but without a scaler? Do these combinations exist?

What TV-model do you have?

garretslarrity said:
Skidmore said:
I used Component Cables in my Wii, Playing the games in the Wii U I just noticied different color pallete, but no big improves... The small gain is only due to HDMI.

I know about the cables, but tell me more about this color pallete.

In SkyWard Sword for example, the color of the Sky in Wii in more Cyan, in the Wii U more bluish... And in others games I can see these differences in the colors... More probably related to the output of each console, than any programming.

P.S:

Guys for those who still own old consoles and enjoy playing them, I have a Samsung PL43E400U1GXZD  EDTV, It's 43in Plasma TV. The Wii games are crystal clear in it, because its panel is 480p Max.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

That;s the difference between playing Wii games with composite (480i) vs component / HDMI (480p) which is what the Wii U defaults to. Games like Prime 3 and Galaxy 1 & 2 looked amazing when I had my Wii hooked up to my 50" plasma via component cables.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804