By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U - Wii remote or Wii U Gamepad?

Tagged games:

I'd rather they built the next Zelda to be played with...

A Wii Remote Plus 44 17.74%

The Wii U Gamepad 142 57.26%

Wii U Pro Controller. Don... 62 25.00%

Total:248

i'm good either way, but maybe both would be awesome.

Around the Network

I would like the option to use all three control methods
Pro Controller would be standard, would play like Ocarina of Time with no required gimmicks
Gamepad could be used like in WWHD for maps, off TV play, and arranging your items, but just an option
Wii Remote Plus could be the third option that, if you prefer motion controls for control of your sword and shield, you could use it instead of standard button presses

I love Skyward Sword gameplay, but this is the Gamepad's turn. If Nintendo can put both I will be happy to play two times one with motion ON and one with the gamepad.

Wii Motion plus all the way.

These days I'm only playing Wii U games on the gamepad so I'd prefer that. I only have 1 hdmi port in my TV so its easier to just use the gamepad.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Experimental42 said:
curl-6 said:
Conventional controls will feel like a step backwards after Skyward Sword's motion-powered swordfighting.

A vocal minority liked those controls. No one's doing anything with motion controls now because the fad is over. The Game pad needs good implementation to sell it though, and this is the game to do it with.

This,

I mean the sales back it up too.

1doesnotsimply

I'd prefer the Gamepad, I loved the motion controls in SS and all, but like the masks in Majora's Mask and the wall merging in Link Between worlds I think it'd be better as a one time thing

You could also just use Z-targeting and make the right analog stick act like the hf blade in MGR:R. Then you can control where link strikes with lightning quick speed and more accuracy. You get the same feel without the retarded arm flailing.

Couldn't they just use all 3?

Consoles owned: Wii U wii gamecube DS DS lite DSi 3DS Xbox 360 Gameboy Gameboy color Gameboy advance Gameboy Advance sp Gameboy micro and PC. 

I loved the motion controls in Twilight Princess, and even more in Skyward Sword. But I think it is time to try something new. They have the touch screen. Use it.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)