By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U - Wii remote or Wii U Gamepad?

Tagged games:

I'd rather they built the next Zelda to be played with...

A Wii Remote Plus 44 17.74%

The Wii U Gamepad 142 57.26%

Wii U Pro Controller. Don... 62 25.00%

Total:248

Conventional controls will feel like a step backwards after Skyward Sword's motion-powered swordfighting.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Conventional controls will feel like a step backwards after Skyward Sword's motion-powered swordfighting.

A vocal minority liked those controls. No one's doing anything with motion controls now because the fad is over. The Game pad needs good implementation to sell it though, and this is the game to do it with.

The Gamepad implementation with Wind Waker HD (assigning items with the swipe of your finger, map display, etc) was an absolutely wonderful experience; my favorite use of the controller so far, in fact. That's exactly what I want with Zelda U.

As long as it can be played with a standard controller I'll be happy. There's no future with motion and gamepad games, unless you keep the Wii U for the rest of your life...

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

NO. FUCKING. WIIMOTE.

Around the Network
Experimental42 said:
curl-6 said:

A vocal minority liked those controls. No one's doing anything with motion controls now because the fad is over. The Game pad needs good implementation to sell it though, and this is the game to do it with.

Buttons are incapable of reproducing the immersion of using one's own movements to swordfight.

I want pro controller. Hated SS control scheme. And the Gamepad will most likely not have anything but the item screen. Unless they find something that actually is good with it.

curl-6 said:
Experimental42 said:
curl-6 said:

Buttons are incapable of reproducing the immersion of using one's own movements to swordfight.

That immersion was broken when plus doesn't respond right. Or I have to constantly recallibrate it. I hope for all cotller support. That's it. So everyone can like whatever. SS has made me never go near W M+ Zelda again.

WhiteEaglePL said:
tolu619 said:
WhiteEaglePL would use Gamepad Controller.

Wow. You replied faster than I could put the poll up. Did you beat Skyward Sword? Did you dislike the controls? (Let's focus on controls and not story, levels or enemies now)

Haha. .

But no I have not pkayed SS. Actually, just 2 Zeldas since last year. WII U one will be third.

How many Zeldas have you played in total? I'm currently playing WWHD and ALBW but I've beaten 5 Zeldas before (6 if 4 swords counts). I think SS shouldn't be missed, even if you have problems with the motion controls like some people do. It has some of the best dungeons, fights and cinematics in the entire Zelda series

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

I'd prefer a traditional controller, simply because I find it more comfortable, but I'm open to either control option.

I will say, though, that they have to do better than Skyward Sword. The controls worked fine for me, but the system was shallow and broken to the point of being boring.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Mythmaker1 said:
I'd prefer a traditional controller, simply because I find it more comfortable, but I'm open to either control option.

I will say, though, that they have to do better than Skyward Sword. The controls worked fine for me, but the system was shallow and broken to the point of being boring.

WOW. Never thought I'd here that. The limitations of the Wii Motion Plus were apparent (having to recallibrate often) but the fact that many enemies react to your motions so that you can't just spam and beat most of the basic enemies kept the combat interesting for me till the very end. In many other games, you're so powerful by the last quarter of the game that you can mindlessly walk over basic grunts. Also, it's not as if the entire game was built around motion. By far my favorite things about the game (besides the art style and motion) were the time shift stones, which have absolutely nothing to do with motion controls, and simple additions like the dash button.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs