By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EDGE ranks the ten best games of the generation

DevilRising said:
 I do think there were better PS3 games than TLOU, but that's me.

It's not just you.

I'd rank Uncharted 2 above it for one thing.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
thewayofthepath said:
No Minecraft?

Exactly. Minecraft is this generations SMB. It's the most innovative mainstream game hands down. GTA 5? COD 4? Yeah, those games are great but the formula and concept was already there. The template was there to copy. Mincraft? Totally one of a kind and unique not to mention, outsold half the games on that list and will continue to do so for years to come.

10 years from now, 20 somethings will all look back and view Mincraft the same way we all view games like Super Metroid or the first Zelda. No one will talk about GTA 5.

I'd say it's Wii Sports

curl-6 said:
DevilRising said:

It's not just you.

Don't kill my dreams. I had some problems with U2 (which was awesome btw) and I'm hoping TLoU will be a much better game. As for those saying they'd put Twilight Princess on the list.......wait, what? Twilight Princess over Skyward Sword?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Usually such lists are absolute trash because they are all about the buzz surrounding the games. But this one is actually decent. Dark Souls is also my favorite game.

DevilRising said:
I feel like Smash Bros. Brawl, Xenoblade and maybe even MH3 all have fairly strong arguments to be on such a list. I'd also personally put Twilight Princess on it, except I prefer the GC version, and it's really a GC game anyway. So that makes it one of the Top 10 games of two gens previous. lol

Otherwise, I guess the list is fine, though I do think there were better PS3 games than TLOU, but that's me.

Don't worry, you can put those games on your list. Mine is different however and the TLOU in particular is at number one, of all time.

Around the Network

LittleBigPlanet? Game is fun but has extremely sloppy platforming mechanics. Its a good game for sure but I wouldn't put it in a top 10 of the gen list.

It is weird that they got Dark Souls > Demon Souls correct, but then for Portal and Super Mario Galaxy they went with the originals despite the fact that the sequels were much better.

Though it still is a really good list. The only game that I don't like is littlebigplanet.

curl-6 said:
DevilRising said:

It's not just you.

I'm with you guys.  November will mark one year since I got TLoU and I STILL haven't finished it.  It just didn't suck me in.  Can't judge if it's better until I play the whole thing but the part I played so far didn't blow me away.  I think I'm just gonna watch it on Youtube if I don't finish it by Friday.