By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EDGE ranks the ten best games of the generation

the_dengle said:

Greatly disagree.

Which point and why?

Around the Network

Kinda decent list. Though why they included Portal 1 over the sequel is beyond me...

ethomaz said:

the_dengle said:

Greatly disagree.

Which point and why?

Well, whether you prefer a hubworld or an open world is largely subjective, as are feelings on characters and such. Mainly I disagree in general because Dark Souls took most of the ideas from Demon's Souls, refined them, and reworked them into an overall better game. And don't kid yourself, the bosses are so much better in Dark Souls.

Maybe I should have specified that I am also disagreeing on subjective elements -- I do prefer Firelink Shrine to the Nexus, for instance. But I don't think you can say one is objectively better than the other.

Not a surprising list, very good choices.

I disagree with the list hugely. Haha. My list isn't even close. And edge rates a couple of the games in their list leas than 8. Hmmm

Around the Network

Nice list!

Although,imo Demon Souls should be in Dark Souls place and Portal 2 in the place of Portal.Call of duty shouldn't be on that list.

To the people mentioning Demon Souls, I would like to hear 1 objective reson as to why Demon Souls is in any way better than Dark.

As for the list, it's a pretty solid, fair list. I only disagree with Bayonetta and Portal being there. Seriously, Portal, it's amazing what dry british humor can to do critics >_<

teigaga said:
how does Dark Souls 2 compare to the first? It doesn't particularly look like my thing but I think I'mma give one of the games a shot.

It is a major downgrade and disappointment in almost every aspect. Probably the worst Souls game. Watch this video to see why I'd recommend playing the original DkS, as it is currently the best souls game. I'd rank them DkS 1 >>> DmS >>>>>>>>> DkS2

the_dengle said:

Well, whether you prefer a hubworld or an open world is largely subjective, as are feelings on characters and such. Mainly I disagree in general because Dark Souls took most of the ideas from Demon's Souls, refined them, and reworked them into an overall better game. And don't kid yourself, the bosses are so much better in Dark Souls.

Maybe I should have specified that I am also disagreeing on subjective elements -- I do prefer Firelink Shrine to the Nexus, for instance. But I don't think you can say one is objectively better than the other.

Characters and Story: which have better backgound story and matter for the game in Dark Souls more than Sage Freke, Yuria, Biorr, Ostrava, Miralda, etc? The cools and amazing ending is better than Dark Souls end too... overall the story and caracters are better overall... it is well made in Demon's Solus like they polished and worked better on it.

Bosses: Fool's Idol, Storm King, Old Hero, Maiden Astraea, Old Monk, etc... I need to say more?

Enviropment and level design: One word... Tower of Latria... try to find anything close in Dark Souls.

Atmosphere and feel: In Demon's Souls you have a sense of fear, anguish and loneliness that can't be told in words... the game is more darker and make you really think you are inside the game.

Plus..

- Demon's Souls have better Magic abilities and use.
- Demon's Solus have better weapon balance.

And to fatalities.

Music and sound are OMG Epicness in Demon's Souls... holy shit.

Kane1389 said:

To the people mentioning Demon Souls, I would like to hear 1 objective reson as to why Demon Souls is in any way better than Dark.

As for the list, it's a pretty solid, fair list. I only disagree with Bayonetta and Portal being there. Seriously, Portal, it's amazing what dry british humor can to do critics >_<

Can be more than one?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6725510